Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Havasu City, How stupid ???????

Not So Fast
    If you have a house here and your street is or has been "SEALED" (doing it all over town) as they call it, then be prepared fpr your driveway and garage to have the black crap tracked all over it and it does not come off We have even tried a power washer with no success. This "SEALER" is just sprayed on with no broadcast of sand to make it not stick to your tires AND THEY DO IT JUST AS IT GETS HOT so who knows how long it will take to set up I didn't pull in for the required 2 days and on the third it still had sticky spots everywhere, bastards So if you like a clean driveway and garage (I cant imagine having a nice epoxy floor and what it would do to it) dont drive in for who knows how long. Oh yeah, and when my neighbor called about this problem the assbite told him to "Go ahead and sue the city" what a great response. Bunch of backwoods, inbred MF'ers, Im friggin pissed but what recourse do you have???? Rant over, peace NSF

voodoomedman
    If you have a house here and your street is or has been "SEALED" (doing it all over town) as they call it, then be prepared fpr your driveway and garage to have the black crap tracked all over it and it does not come off We have even tried a power washer with no success. This "SEALER" is just sprayed on with no broadcast of sand to make it not stick to your tires AND THEY DO IT JUST AS IT GETS HOT so who knows how long it will take to set up I didn't pull in for the required 2 days and on the third it still had sticky spots everywhere, bastards So if you like a clean driveway and garage (I cant imagine having a nice epoxy floor and what it would do to it) dont drive in for who knows how long. Oh yeah, and when my neighbor called about this problem the assbite told him to "Go ahead and sue the city" what a great response. Bunch of backwoods, inbred MF'ers, Im friggin pissed but what recourse do you have???? Rant over, peace NSF
    Is there a schedule or any warning? I would hate to pull up in the middle of the night and not be able to pull into my driveway or garage and have to carry everything from around the corner. And even worse. Drive 3 and a half hours to go boating for the weekend and have my boat held captive in the garage.

ATLAS
    That spray seal sucks ass........ when it gets hot out it will get even sticker and will be tracked all in you house and any were you walk
    the only way to get it off is with gas or diesel and a scraper and good luck.....

phebus
    Is there a schedule or any warning? I would hate to pull up in the middle of the night and not be able to pull into my driveway or garage and have to carry everything from around the corner. And even worse. Drive 3 and a half hours to go boating for the weekend and have my boat held captive in the garage.
    A schedule in Havasu, is like asking for a schedule in Mexico :rollside:

SummitKarl
    bobby,
    WD-40 breaks it up,
    gas + tide + broom followed by hose down will leave your drive way sparkling clean

WaTchTheGelCoat
    bobby,
    WD-40 breaks it up,
    gas + tide + broom followed by hose down will leave your drive way sparkling clean
    Just wait till the tree huggers see you doing that.

SummitKarl
    Just wait till the tree huggers see you doing that.
    I am a card carrying member of the SAHARA CLUB, article 6 of our bylaws authorizes us to do anything that will piss off a Sierra club member

Not So Fast
    Yes they do give you a "Sort of schedule" but sketchy at best. Then they do all sorts of creative patches here and there and nicely enough do 1/2 the street the first time around then it gets like a maze to drive thru. I know how difficult it is to route traffic (done a lot of paving) but why in the world do they wait until the heat is upon us, as another HB'er said it will be sticky forever with the heat. They could also broadcast sand on the fresh oil or sealer to help out the curing process but not in this backwoods city, hell no. Anyway if it looks like your street has just been done "BEWARE" especially if you are putting your boat away and do not have a straight shot, if you have to turn your wheels then it just grinds it in worse. My neighbor put his boat away 2 days after the "SEALER" was sprayed and his driveway looks bad, he's pissed as he should be. Thanks Karl for the advice but a power washer failed to do it!!!!!!!!! Peace NSF

Mr.Havasu
    My thoughts exactly. Why couldn't they do it during the winter so it would cure in the 2 days. It's going to be a mess all summer.
    Between the sewer project having half the streets tore up and the seal on the other half our new car doesn't stand a chance.

djunkie
    Thats wierd. They poored sand on my street afterwards. Looks real nice and leaves no marks in my driveway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast