Thread: C8VE-E ford heads

Snorider
    Are the C8VE-E casting heads the same as d0ve's ? Found a pair for sale and the seller is telling me this... Just want to be sure before i buy.

TX19
    The C8VE and D0VE should be the same heads.
    The '68 thru '71 ('68=C8, '69=C9, '70=DO, '71=DI)
    should all be the same - except for the DOOZ which is the CJ/SCJ with the larger valves, slightly smaller combustion chambers and larger ports.
    Hope this helps!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    C8VE are identical to D0VE with the exception of the exhaust crossover passage. The C8VE does not have the exhaust crossover. In a boat application they will work great. Just keep in mind that they will bump your compression ratio 1-1.5 points which could lead to pre-ignition. Be aware of what pistons you have and match them to your heads. Anything over 10:1 is asking for trouble.
    C8's will have screw in studs which will enable you to run and adjustable valve train with chevy style rockers. Make sure you take the time to grind the humps out of the exhaust ports and you will have a great performing set of heads.
    Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    except for the DOOZ which is the CJ/SCJ with the larger valves, slightly smaller combustion chambers and larger ports. I think you meant to say D0OE-R is the casting number for CJ/SCJ heads.
    Omega

TX19
    DOOE....the last letter in this group specifies the engineering group. An "A" means chassis, "B" means body and "E" means engine.
    DOOZ....the last letter in this group identifies the service part or where the part is warehoused. "Z" is for Ford Division, "Y" is for Lincoln Mercury, "X" is an original muscle part, and "M" is an SVO part.
    I am not sure if there are more designations that I didn't list, but these should cover most parts.
    The DOOE is a cobra jet head as well as the DOOZ, but you are right about the casting numbers. The casting number should be DOOE.