Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sacramento City Council has issued a resolution condemning the war

bigq
    At a time when we have men and women of the U.S. military fighting in Operation Iraqi Freedom, the Sacramento City Council has issued a resolution condemning the war against terrorism in Iraq.
    The Democrats on the City Council are now serving as the political arm for some of the vilest, anti-American and anti-military groups operating in this country. One of the principle groups involved in lobbying for the resolution's passage was Sacramento for Democracy - a group that promoted Cindy Sheehan's rise to prominence and also Stephen Pearcy (the man who hanged a U.S. Soldier in Effigy from a noose atop his house, with an American flag displayed upside down in distress).

bigq
    This from http://sacramentofordemocracy.org:
    YESSS!!! The Sacramento City Council passed the resolution tonight!! Thank you to everyone that showed up in support of this resolution and to all that called and emailed our representatives and Mayor Fargo. It wasn't as strongly worded as we would have liked, but it shows the rest of our country that Sacramento opposes this illegal and immoral war!!
    Please contact Ray Tretheway and Lauren Hammond and thank them for introducing this resolution to the city council tonight. We have been working for months to get the resolution on the agenda and we couldn't have done it without them. While your at it, please contact Mayor Fargo and the other council members that supported this resolution.
    Mayor Heather Fargo hfargo@cityofsacramento.org; 808-5300
    District 1, Ray Tretheway rtretheway@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7001
    District 2, Sandy Sheedy ssheedy@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7002
    District 3, Steve Cohn scohn@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7003
    District 4, Robert Fong rkfong@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7004
    District 5, Lauren Hammond lhammond@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7005
    District 6, Kevin McCartys : KMcCarty@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7006
    District 8, Bonnie J. Pannell bpannell@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7008
    Only one council member opposed the resolution and it was Robbie Waters. Does anyone know someone that would like to run against Waters? He definitely needs to be replaced and we'd love to support some opposition to him.
    If you have the time, you can contact Mr. Waters and voice your disapproval of his NO vote on the resolution. Let him know that we will remember this when he is up for re-election.
    District 7, Robbie Waters rwaters@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7007
    Once again, thanks to everyone for their help !!
    Cheers,
    Bill

mickeyfinn
    This from http://sacramentofordemocracy.org:
    YESSS!!! The Sacramento City Council passed the resolution tonight!! Thank you to everyone that showed up in support of this resolution and to all that called and emailed our representatives and Mayor Fargo. It wasn't as strongly worded as we would have liked, but it shows the rest of our country that Sacramento opposes this illegal and immoral war!!
    Please contact Ray Tretheway and Lauren Hammond and thank them for introducing this resolution to the city council tonight. We have been working for months to get the resolution on the agenda and we couldn't have done it without them. While your at it, please contact Mayor Fargo and the other council members that supported this resolution.
    Mayor Heather Fargo hfargo@cityofsacramento.org; 808-5300
    District 1, Ray Tretheway rtretheway@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7001
    District 2, Sandy Sheedy ssheedy@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7002
    District 3, Steve Cohn scohn@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7003
    District 4, Robert Fong rkfong@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7004
    District 5, Lauren Hammond lhammond@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7005
    District 6, Kevin McCartys : KMcCarty@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7006
    District 8, Bonnie J. Pannell bpannell@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7008
    Only one council member opposed the resolution and it was Robbie Waters. Does anyone know someone that would like to run against Waters? He definitely needs to be replaced and we'd love to support some opposition to him.
    If you have the time, you can contact Mr. Waters and voice your disapproval of his NO vote on the resolution. Let him know that we will remember this when he is up for re-election.
    District 7, Robbie Waters rwaters@cityofsacramento.org; (916) 808-7007
    Once again, thanks to everyone for their help !!
    Cheers,
    Bill
    What a bunch of bullshit. I can understand not being in favor of the war, however openly opposing it while we are fighting it especially at a political level is just WRONG!!!. We have men and women fighting and dying over there to help make sure you continue to have the right to publish this kind of crap. Individuals may oppose the war. Politicians may oppose the war and try to make arguments against it behind closed doors, however in public EVERY positician should stand shoulder to shoulder in support. Failure to do this shows the enemy the lack of resolve and serves only to instigate more violence. Every one who voted in favor of that crock of chit should be removed from office and be banned from seeking a political office in the future. Damn Damn Damn. What idiots have we raised in this country? I guess you would propose that we just bring everyone home or maybe not have ever sent anyone over there to start with? That would be great, then they could concentrate on bring the war to us on our soil.

Forkin' Crazy
    What an idiotic, un-American thing to do!!!
    What the hell does this so called “city council" have to do with worldly affairs? NOTHING!!! Don't they need to concentrate on local issues? What a waste of the tax payer’s money they are. They should all be ashamed for voting for such mindless dribble!!!
    Very, very sad indeed.

bigq
    Sadly this is why I believe we will eventually pull out and run just like in the past. Not because we can't win, but the politics is just overwhelming. It's crap like this that frustrates me to no end and they can't see how it is destroying the US.
    They will say it is to protect innocent people when in reality they kill more with rhetoric than save. They hide behind this when what they really mean is they hate the way the USA is run, despise the military and don't care on iota about innocent lives.
    Bunch of self righteous racists swinging around so called power they think they have to change something instead it's just another statement filled with hatred.

SmokinLowriderSS
    The Great Chicago Fire comes to mind......... Where is Mrs O'Leary's cow when you need it? :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

HM
    What the fock does a city council have to do with national security and stance on national war. They need to spend their time fixing potholes and and buying rigged parking meters.

Steve 1
    Sadly this is why I believe we will eventually pull out and run just like in the past. Not because we can't win, but the politics is just overwhelming. It's crap like this that frustrates me to no end and they can't see how it is destroying the US.
    They will say it is to protect innocent people when in reality they kill more with rhetoric than save. They hide behind this when what they really mean is they hate the way the USA is run, despise the military and don't care on iota about innocent lives.
    Bunch of self righteous racists swinging around so called power they think they have to change something instead it's just another statement filled with hatred.
    You are a complete Friggin Idiot but that can be blamed on your genes/parents and way past any worthwhile debate!! But in closing may the filthy anti American traitors all perish in the next terrorist attack since they are on the same league as our sworn enemy!
    Get neutered BTW and save any children from this misery!!!!!!!!!!!

bigq
    You are a complete Friggin Idiot but that can be blamed on your genes/parents and way past any worthwhile debate!! But in closing may the filthy anti American traitors all perish in the next terrorist attack since they are on the same league as our sworn enemy!
    Get neutered BTW and save any children from this misery!!!!!!!!!!!
    unbelievable! you agree with this. I would have thought you, ***boats psychotic right winger, would be a little upset about this ruling.
    ...did you take you're meds this morning?

Steve 1
    unbelievable! you agree with this. I would have thought you, ***boats psychotic right winger, would be a little upset about this ruling.
    ...did you take you're meds this morning?
    "YESSS!!! The Sacramento City Council passed the resolution tonight!! Thank you to everyone that showed up in support of this resolution and to all that called and emailed our representatives and Mayor Fargo. It wasn't as strongly worded as we would have liked, but it shows the rest of our country that Sacramento opposes this illegal and immoral war!!"
    No I apologize for my statement when reading this my thinking it was by your hand and I got Infuriated over the post!! Again I apologize!
    P.S the Generator and the slow Dialup limit my time online..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast