Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Lanier

mickeyfinn
    Gonna try to get some break in hours on the engine. Only about 30 minutes so far. Will be out tomorrow to try and put a few hours on it. Anyone else gonna be out?

mickeyfinn
    A perfect day!!!
    The day was perfect. Mid 70's and glass. Was out for almost 2 hours and only saw 1 other boat on the water. The engine ran good and I didn't get too crazy breaking it in. Need more prop though. Anyone have an 11x16 LH for a 1" shaft I can try?

miketsouth
    Nice to hear SOMEONE had a good time.
    I got mine kind of apart and am winterizing it for the winter.

Outnumbered
    What is the water temp there now? I am very curious about buying a lakefront house or lot back in that area. It looks beautiful.

mickeyfinn
    Surface temp is around 70-73 degrees. Beautiful lake. Be careful where you buy. If you get to seriously looking I would try to stay north of Highway 53. It is further from Atlanta but the south end of the lake is a nightmare on weekends. The North end of the lake you can still find glass to ski on even on holiday weekends, but you need to be pretty far north. Another advantage is that LE is not present much on the north end (for the noise/speed folks). Come on out.

83youngblood
    I have alot of contacts, example 2005 Poker Run , 2004 Bass tour, and trying to setup Jet Boat Expo's or Racing.

Outnumbered
    Surface temp is around 70-73 degrees. Beautiful lake. Be careful where you buy. If you get to seriously looking I would try to stay north of Highway 53. It is further from Atlanta but the south end of the lake is a nightmare on weekends. The North end of the lake you can still find glass to ski on even on holiday weekends, but you need to be pretty far north. Another advantage is that LE is not present much on the north end (for the noise/speed folks). Come on out.
    Thanks. Are there any bad areas to look out for? Crime ridden, depressed sections, etc. What is the closest big city to the north end and how far of a drive would it be?

mickeyfinn
    No bad areas on the water.Our lakehouse is off of sardis creek. Slum lord at the top of hill rents trailers,300,000 homes at bottom of hill. No problems though. Gainesville is the biggest town up that direction. Still only 45minutes to an hour from Atlanta.

Outnumbered
    Slum lord at the top of hill rents trailers,300,000 homes at bottom of hill.
    What does this mean?
    Overall, it sounds like a good place to invest in lake property. Still reasonable.
    Thanks

mickeyfinn
    What does this mean?
    Overall, it sounds like a good place to invest in lake property. Still reasonable.
    Thanks
    The neighborhood where our lake house is is mostly rental trailers that is generally not what one would consider a "good " area. The top of the hill is not on the water and you have a couple of slum lords renting trailers. (old trailers) At the bottom of the hill everyone is on the water and houses generall go for between 300,000 and 500,000 depending on the house, how deep the water is etc. Never have any problems even though the neighborhood is "not so nice" right up the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast