Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who can I get ARP bolts from? HELP!!!!!

Hotcrusader76
    Ok fellas,
    I have a stage 3 emergency! I have been planning my Ford Diesel head gasket R&R for about 3 days now. I have bought new cycliner heads because I do not have the time to wait for a machine shop to say "The old ones are cracked",so the gasket swap would be flawless and I could eliminate any valve-train issues.
    I bought Felpro gaskets, glow-plugs, injector install kit, new belts, hoses, thermostat X2, Motorcraft coolant additives, exhaust gaskets, new valley pan, Banks down-pipe bolts (just incase I snap an old one or two), tons of VHT engine enamel, and all the other shit I might have forgot to mention. Bottom line.....I am prepared.
    So here it is....
    I have called every known person, from West Canada to Kentucky, who have joined the "Blown Head Gasket Society" and they told me: "DO NOT BUY NAPA HEAD BOLTS (Clevitte Brand) because they snap at 80ft/lbs of torque". Well shit! I need 85ft/lbs with a Turbo Application, so WTF on torqueing them. They even went as far to have a Clevitte rep. fly out to investigate the reoccuring problem, and then Clevitte told him: "Do not install these bolts any longer". But NAPA still sells them. Luckily I haven't gone to pick them up from NAPA yet. Click on this to read this entire post about this fella's expierence
    http://forums.ford-diesel.com/ubbthr...age=0&Limit=25 &Old=1month&Main=813180&Search=true#Post828532
    This wasn't just one guy, but many who told me they snapped 2-3 out of 52 head bolts bought. WTF! So I was encouraged to buy ARP or Ford (Navistar) Brand. Well the local Ford guy (Bob-Baker Ford) wanted $4.65 p/bolt vice NAPA's $2.81. Now I think I want to go with ARP if I am even considering spending over $150 on a bolt set.
    Question is:
    Who could sell me these ARP bolts for a 1986 Ford Diesel 6.9L Banks Turbo application, without me waiting for Tuesday morning to call ARP and ask them? Just thought I would ask my fellow family members here first.
    I know this isn't a boat thing, but when it comes to me not being able to tow the boat, then it is.
    Thanks guys!
    -Ty

wsuwrhr
    Dude I can't help you. Sorry. I doubt anyone is going to stock those parts except ARP.
    Brian
    [ August 31, 2002, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

wsuwrhr
    I just looked in the catalog, and they only list heads studs. Part no. 150-4069. Ford/International
    6.9 Diesel.
    Brian

Hotcrusader76 I know Manley sells head bolts. Try giving them a call and see what they can do for you. We've never had a problem getting what we needed.

Hotcrusader76
    wsuwrhr:
    I just looked in the catalog, and they only list heads studs. Part no. 150-4069. Ford/International
    6.9 Diesel.
    BrianDude! That's what this one guy said also. I would rather have the studs anyways. I am sure they are more expensive, but it looks like ARP decided to only offer those for a reason...because the "bolts" f'ing break!
    BTW...you get 5 stars from me for that info. Thanks bro!
    Looks like I will be calling ARP Tuesday morning for a WD to buy them from.
    Countdown for Operation: Head Gasket Removal
    143 hrs 32 min
    -Ty

GofastRacer
    Check out Dorman, they have head bolts??.....
    http://www.dormanproducts.com

Ty,
    We are an ARP Master WD. Would be happy to order anything they make for you on Tues. I know we don't stock these. Call Bob here first thing Tuesday if you need em.

Hotcrusader76
    Rexone:
    Ty,
    We are an ARP Master WD. Would be happy to order anything they make for you on Tues. I know we don't stock these. Call Bob here first thing Tuesday if you need em.Your awesome Mike! Just exactly who I needed to talk to. Dammm Rex pulls it off again! and I am not even a Marine application.
    I have until Friday to get them, so I pray to the diesel gods that I can get them in 4 days. If not, then it just wasn't meant to be so soon.
    Thanks Mike!
    -Ty

Ty,
    As long as we get an order placed first thing Tues I don't think it will be a problem. The only thing that might interfere is that we just received a notice that ARP is moving. Not sure whether that will create any delays but should be able to determine that Tues as well. Make sure you speak with Bob here...I'll leave a copy of this thread on his desk for Tuesday.

Hotcrusader76
    Rexone:
    Ty,
    As long as we get an order placed first thing Tues I don't think it will be a problem. The only thing that might interfere is that we just received a notice that ARP is moving. Not sure whether that will create any delays but should be able to determine that Tues as well. Make sure you speak with Bob here...I'll leave a copy of this thread on his desk for Tuesday.I owe you a case my friend. I can not begin to explain to everyone how difficult it is to plan a Diesel head gasket R&R and have it completed, flawlessly. I can deal with blood, sweat, and tears because I understand through my life's expierences that, Misery loves company. This isn't some custom carburetor install or exotic blow-through supercharger system....No its a simple Head gasket install. Now I know why the guy down the street wants $1500 for the job, and he isn't even givening me new heads, as I already have done, and I am still under $1000. Well until I call Rex and or ARP.
    I would love to write a book someday called "The Perfect Plan". Ironically it is a misleading title. LOL
    Thanks Mike! I will call first thing.
    [ August 31, 2002, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast