Thread: Looking for TIG welder...

steelcomp
    I'm in the market for a used 200+ amp tig welder, preferably a Miller Dialarc HF, or something similar. Hoping to find an older maching, but in nice condition, that I don't have to spend a lot of $$ on. I'm also willing to pay a fair price for a nice machine. I'm not looking for something to refurbish, or that needs fixing, I need a good working welder that I can get busy with. Please PM me if you have or know of anything.
    Thanks in advance.

steelcomp
    bump...is this part of Hot Boat working???

Carbon Dave
    Keep checking eBay. Craigslist might have something too. You can get a good deal on a new one. Not sure how much you are looking to spend but I got my Miller Syncrowave 180 for $1450 plus there was not tax.

victorfb
    i too got the syncrowave 180 and paid the same amount. the good thing about getting a new machine from your local welding supply house is that you build a good relationship with them and recieve better deals on your supplies. such as gas, tungsten, tips, rod, ect, ect, ect. by the way, the 180 is an awsome machine. but if your going to be useing tig for long preiods of time, you may want to look into a water cooled system. if used is a must, then i would suggest waiting till after christmas, as sometimes people get them as gifts and learn they just dont know how or want to learn. then sell them cheap. ive gotten mig welders that way. never did tell them you need to either use flux cored wire or gas hook up. oops. aint i a stinker?

steelcomp
    Thanks guys, I'm keepin my eyes open.

bottom feeder
    Steelcomp,
    Have you looked at www.tigdepot.com Great site. He has new and used.

TJS
    I had a synch 180 SD. Sold it and then bought a Dynasty 200DX. Great machine I must say.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com