Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a TIG welder....

steelcomp
    I'm in the market for a used 200+ amp tig welder, preferably a Miller Dialarc HF, or something similar. Hoping to find an older maching, but in nice condition, that I don't have to spend a lot of $$ on. I'm also willing to pay a fair price for a nice machine. I'm not looking for something to refurbish, or that needs fixing, I need a good working welder that I can get busy with. Please PM me if you have or know of anything.
    Thanks in advance.

I'm in the market for a used 200+ amp tig welder, preferably a Miller Dialarc HF, or something similar. Hoping to find an older maching, but in nice condition, that I don't have to spend a lot of $$ on. I'm also willing to pay a fair price for a nice machine. I'm not looking for something to refurbish, or that needs fixing, I need a good working welder that I can get busy with. Please PM me if you have or know of anything.
    Thanks in advance.
    I'll trade you my 400 amp Blue round top for a 350 amp square wave. WHAT SAY YOU?...............Steve

Kindsvater Flat
    I paid a 1000 bucks for mine with abour 50 lbs of misc steel, alum, stainless, and magnesium rod. That also included 3 bottles and the regulator.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscfarm/welders.JPG

steelcomp
    I paid a 1000 bucks for mine with abour 50 lbs of misc steel, alum, stainless, and magnesium rod. That also included 3 bottles and the regulator.
    Thanks...rub it in!!

beaverfab
    You might look for a Miller ABP 330 bigger machine but around here they are cheper, most people think they need 3 phase power, but they do not. j.j.

Jake W2
    Just get a Thunderbolt and make every thing out of steel.(Just kidding)
    You can get a high freq Miller fror around 1600 new.What do you want it for?
    I would like to have one also.
    I have a question for you guys I picked up a Drag Gun plasma cutter for just about nothing (kinda a trade thing) it's made by Thermal Dynamics.You guys know any thing about these?It workes fine built in air type deal cuts sheet metal but nothing to thick.
    Jake

Same here only mines waaaay older. Here's the difference-the new stuff will weld two beer cans together...with mine,when I start the arc ,I have to go get the can off the floor. An old timer told me "don't get rid of it"-I guess changing burnt up boards in the new machines is expensive....Steve

steelcomp
    You might look for a Miller ABP 330 bigger machine but around here they are cheper, most people think they need 3 phase power, but they do not. j.j.
    Yeah, but they need 100A+ to run. I'm looking for something to run in my garage.
    You can get a high freq Miller fror around 1600 new.What do you want it for?
    The new Millers for $1600 aren't 200A machines, I don't think. Probably great for steel, but not thicker alum.
    I'm hoping to spend around a thousand. I want to be able to weld alum, up to about 3/8+. I'd like to be able to buy one of the new inverter based units. Those are sweet, but also over $3 grand. I bought a Dialarc 5 years ago for $800 complete. The guy I bought it from called me a few months later and cried the blues saying he needed it back, and I wasn't using it, so I sold it back to him. I really liked that machine. It's not huge, and dosent take huge power to run. Thanks, guys. :coffeycup

steelcomp
    Same here only mines waaaay older. Here's the difference-the new stuff will weld two beer cans together...with mine,when I start the arc ,I have to go get the can off the floor. An old timer told me "don't get rid of it"-I guess changing burnt up boards in the new machines is expensive....SteveThat's why I like the Dialarc...old school...like me!

That's why I like the Dialarc...old school...like me!
    I've seen Miller 250 amp square waves for around $2100. I wouldn't think 3/8 plate would be out of the question---pre heat the plate or -a friend of mine uses different gases...haven't tried the gases-I guess it works real well. I butt welded a 1/2 " stainless plate wth one --no problem...Good luck..Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast