Thread: MSD digital Multi Retard box PN 8975

Is anyone running one?
    If so, can you tell me how your LED light reacts when you fire the box up?

steelcomp
    Just run it. :skull:

yeah right..and melt the thing down..
    most all the other MSD products have an LED light that comes on when the box is powered up and it blinks,flickers, whatever when its timing out,downloading,uploading or whatever it may be, this one is different and Im not liking it.I want to know its on and working properly.The instructions have no mention of what to look for in the lighting unlike the programmable launch controller :devil: and im sure getting in touch with an MSD tech is a piece of cake. :notam: I did throw up a post on their tech message board, we'll see how that goes.
    cs

Just a side note,
    I ran the non-digital timing comp. #8980. I know it was screwing up at the bottom end. The timing was moving. Cliped the advance wire. Timing stopped moving.
    I also had some problems with detonation. Don't know if it was part of that ,but I have a suspicion.
    I would be sure before running.

Cole Sanger
    Actually, I have posted on the Tech forum at MSD and they were real quick to send me a reply. Not more than a day on two posts.

I got a reply, not looking good.They claim the light should come on for a few seconds after turning it on.
    If anyone is running this box, i could really use a little help here.

EXTREMEBOATS
    I have uesed nothing but MSD hardware for almost 20 years and have only experienced one failure. Which I must admit was on one of my own toys. Now this was a basic 6-AL hooked to a billit MSD crank triger, tack drive large cap distributer. For two years she ran like a cat on fire. Well the Labor Day weekend I decided to take the day off and play it took a shit. This is after I fired up the beast at the shop, all was fine. One & ahalf hours drive later we droped her in and it wouldnt fire!!!!! Yes after several really bad words I put her back on the trailer and headed for the shop. By now the effects of the "CROWN" were starting to ease the attitude I tried to crank her up. YES it started like it did befor the adventure began. I took the 2 year old 6-AL box off and sent it back to PROTRONICS, "MSD". About 10 days later it came back free of charge with a apology..... Nough said....
    Mike

Ive had nothing but excellent results with all the MSD stuff Ive used as well, and their warranty service is awesome too, I no have complaints other than the guy on their message board who doesnt know what hes talking about and the instructions for the digital timing retard box, some of it was too vauge and some of the info was way to clear, they repeated certain aspects of the install like 20 times, but make no mention of other important things..
    Life goes on and Ill keep running MSD.