Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBF carb... hotcrusader???

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Blown 472:
    Snorider:
    Does anyone sell an adapter for the weiand high rise so you can mount 1 4barrel on it instead of 2? I really like the look of a high-rise (and the performance gain too), but i just dont want to dig that deep for a pair of new carbs...
    Otherwise, a pair of 650s should do me fine right? If you are going to do that why not buy a good single plane intake and forgo the lean/rich dealio with a single carb tunnel ram set up. Victor would work really well. I agree. there are alot of folks on here that have had problems with the single four on a tunnel ram. either bite the bullet and buy 2 carbs and a shit load of gas or run a single 4 intake. You can't always have your cake and eat it too.....
    Omega

oldphart
    Im running a 1150 Dominater on a victor Jr on my BBF which has an Eagle 514 kit in it. Boat pulls hard right up to the rev limiter at 6000 rpm. Cold starts and idles great, throttle response is great. Warm starts are touchy. You dont touch the throttle till she lights. This setup pushes my 21.5 omega day cruiser to 63 so far. Jacuzzi WJ with B impeller runs about 5200 rpm @ 63

Snorider
    Nice oldphart, but i think an 1150 would drown my stock 460... I am not really prepared to throw a stroker kit in my motor, the boat really needs a paintjob.
    Might just bore it .40 or .60 over and remove the exhaust humps from the D3VE's. A Victor intake seems like the way to go - dont really want to buy 2 carbs yet.

oldphart
    mines not really all that radical, motorsports cam, cobra jet aluminum heads, verrry large logs, milodon pan & pickup. Idles just lumpy enough that nobody asks if its stock, but it has real good manners. you can get the victor Jr with the standard holley bolt pattern too. that way if yer a speed junky youve already got a real good manifold and won't have to upgrade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12