Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving to Havasu

Magic34
    I am kicking around the idea of moving to Havasu sinse I don't really want to live in Vegas.
    I have a couple of questions....
    What is the best part of town (nicest, safest, etc.)?
    I need at least 3/4 of an acre to build what I want, so where is the best part of town for that?
    I don't want to put my daughter in a public school system when the time comes, but are there any good private schools there?
    This would be my only residence, but I would commute to Vegas often for flights and my office is there. How safe is that road between? I have driven it about 3 times, but are there a lot of accidents on that road? I know it is about 2 hours if you are on the gas.
    How long of a drive is it to Glamis from Havasu? :wink: Yuma (south dunes)?
    Does the A/C blow up every summer if we like to keep the house at 72 degrees? :hammerhea
    This is a huge decision for us and I want to look at everything on paper before even officially contacting someone for lot prices, but what does the nice part of town cost for more than 2/3 acre?
    Karl, don't worry, if by any chance this does happen, you'll design it.
    Thanks!

INSman
    Too many questions !!!
    There are some very nice and large lots in Havasu Heights, which I think will ultimately be gated, but the problem may be the choice of only (5) builders and the monopolistic pricing that comes with exclusivity.

Magic34
    Too many questions !!!
    There are some very nice and large lots in Havasu Heights, which I think will ultimately be gated, but the problem may be the choice of only (5) builders and the monopolistic pricing that comes with exclusivity.
    OK, I guess I should add this...
    I want control over my build through a custom builder and I will be able to get materials (flooring, appliances, windows, etc) at very good prices due to a family project happening in Vegas.

cola
    Too many questions !!!
    Havasu Hights ??? You must mean The Refuge.

cola
    Try Donkey Acres if you want land & control. It's the east side back up to the mountains. :mix:

Magic34
    Havasu Hights ??? You must mean The Refuge.
    Isn't that place sinking?

haulina29
    If you want control build it yourself ?

Magic34
    If you want control build it yourself ?
    I don't have time for that. I guess by control, I mean use some of my vendors to buy materials for the build.

INSman
    Mike
    #1, check your cell phone voicemail
    #2, my bad, Havasu Foothill Estates, not Havasu Heights
    http://www.oxleyconstruction.com/index.htm

Magic34
    What is the "Horizon 6" area like?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast