Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prison Inmate Elected To School Board

Havasu Hangin'
    Prison Inmate Elected To School Board
    Nov 11, 2005, 01:57 AM PST
    He wasn't able to get out to vote for himself, but lots of others did. And a prison inmate was elected to a school board Tuesday in southern California.
    Randy Hale received 831 votes, earning one of three open seats on the Romoland School Board, even though he's behind bars. Hale violated his parole after being convicted of spousal abuse and drug possession.
    He was returned to prison in September, and isn't due to be released until mid-February. His wife Penny says "this is wild." The district's superintendent says he's consulting lawyers to figure out how to handle the situation.
    A political scientist at the University of California-Riverside says the fact that Hale's name was at the top of the ballot may have helped him get votes.

Jeanyus
    Don't worry about it, the 20 kids to a classroom will save the public school system.

Havasu Hangin'
    Don't worry about it, the 20 kids to a classroom will save the public school system.
    Now we know where he got one of his 831 votes.

ROZ
    People in Romoland don't know how to read I think 831 is the town's total population count

CA Stu
    He had all the good speed connects.

Jeanyus
    Election results in the county I live in.
    Prop 74 Yes 57,312 61.46 %
    No 35,936 38.54%
    Prop 75 Yes 59,388 63.72 %
    No 33,811 36.28 %
    Prop 76 Yes 50,415 54.69%
    No 41,775 45.31%
    We get out voted by San Francisco, San Diego, LA. Where all those foriegn people that don't speak english live.
    Kida ironic if you get rid of all the foriegn people that dont speak english (you know, the ones that the schools are blaming for poor test scores) you would get voted out of existence.
    Looks like the non english speaking people ended up being the savior of the teachers union. Can you say gracias amigo !
    I left a spelling error so Ca Stu (spellin monitor) could have something to feel good about.

bigq
    I don't even know what to say to that. :squiggle:

Election results in the county I live in.
    Prop 74 Yes 57,312 61.46 %
    No 35,936 38.54%
    Prop 75 Yes 59,388 63.72 %
    No 33,811 36.28 %
    Prop 76 Yes 50,415 54.69%
    No 41,775 45.31%
    We get out voted by San Francisco, San Diego, LA. Where all those foriegn people that don't speak english live.
    Kida ironic if you get rid of all the foriegn people that dont speak english (you know, the ones that the schools are blaming for poor test scores) you would get voted out of existence.
    Looks like the non english speaking people ended up being the savior of the teachers union. Can you say gracias amigo !
    I left a spelling error so Ca Stu (spellin monitor) could have something to feel good about.
    Welcome to Mexifornia. The illegal problem is a problem on many many levels because it affects all of society in CA. And will get worse till the Feds ENFORCE EXISTING IMMIGRATION LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY.

Has anyone ever driven through Romoland. I have. He may be their best shot.

Havasu Hangin'
    Looks like the non english speaking people ended up being the savior of the teachers union. Can you say gracias amigo.
    Remind me sometime to tell you about the 4th grader who stood up in front of the class and yelled "f-You bitch" to the teacher (my wife).
    ...or the countless kids that show up on rainy days with no jackets or lunches.
    ...or the first grader that sexually assaults another kid, and the parents blame the school.
    ...or maybe the parents at Huntington Harbor who have the kids that punch the other kids in the mouth repeatedly, but when you try to tell the parents that their kid has behavior problems they blame the teacher, and threaten to sue if you hold their kids back a grade.
    How do you think their test scores are? All true stories...and none of them spoke Spanish.
    Yeah...a "tenure propostion" will fix that, Arnold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast