Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: SO NOw that ARNIE BLEW MILLIONS

MagicMtnDan
    This was a fight for the status-quo for the unions. Their victories means they will continue their stranglehold on the state's finances and legislature for the foreseeable future.
    The unions spent at least $100 MILLION to defeat the Governor's propositions.
    What could the unions have done with $100,000,000? What could you union members have done with that money?!
    The California Democratic Party has spent $5.7 million in an effort to defeat four Schwarzenegger-backed initiatives. Legislators and congressional members, most of them Democrats, have tapped donors for an additional $14 million in their quest to kill the redistricting measure, Proposition 77.
    Democrats' main patron, organized labor, has spent the most — about $100 million. Most of it has gone to fight Proposition 75, which would crimp public employee unions' ability to raise campaign money, and Proposition 76, which would restrain state spending and give governors more power over state budgets.
    Source: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-headlines

Sportin' Wood
    Where did I say that was the salary he started out at? I said he currently makes $65k per year for teaching 6 PE classes.
    Thats good pay, what district? I need to send my wife that direction

Kilrtoy
    So, $65k is a common salary after 10 years of employment? Seems kinda high for 9 months of work.
    Yeah with a masters degree and depending on which district, YES.....

Havasu_Dreamin
    Yeah and cops make 265K a year in Los Angeles
    and
    Fireman make 235K a year in Los Angeles
    Anyone who believes those number is in a fantasy world. The highest I ever read about was in an article in the LA times 5-7 years back about a firefighter/paramedic in LA City making $125k with all the OT he did. The article went on to say that he was working something 7 or 9 days straight and then travelling back to AZ where he lived. But that is clearly the exception rather than the norm.

Havasu Hangin'
    I know you could not survive on 30K a year...
    Mrs HH was hired in (Fullerton) at $28K/year with a bachelors and credential. If you equate that to a 12 month position...that's $37K/year. Hell...she could have taken her resume' and gone ANYWHERE and made more money (she actually took a paycut from a sales job she had).
    Something about "influencing young minds"...what a load of crap.

Jeanyus
    Nothing against state workers, you work hard and deserve what is due.
    How should taxpayers feel about the amount of money being spent on schools, when the test scores are so low. Feels like paying for something and not getting it.
    State workers feel this is a victory untill they hear the word layoff.

Kilrtoy
    Anyone who believes those number is in a fantasy world. The highest I ever read about was in an article in the LA times 5-7 years back about a firefighter/paramedic in LA City making $125k with all the OT he did. The article went on to say that he was working something 7 or 9 days straight and then travelling back to AZ where he lived. But that is clearly the exception rather than the norm.
    OOOPS, Im sorry did I miss lead you, Im sorry I forgot to say that is what the chief's make, case and point to your previous post.....

Havasu_Dreamin
    Yeah with a masters degree and depending on which district, YES.....
    But see, the problem I have with it is that it is for teaching 6 PE classes, nothing else. I would think a Math teacher or Science teacher should make more than a PE coach. Of course given the weight problems in the US as a whole, maybe the PE coach is just as important.

Sportin' Wood
    Mrs HH was hired in (Fullerton) at $28K/year with a bachelors and credential. If you equate that to a 12 month position...that's $37K/year. Hell...she could have taken her resume' and gone ANYWHERE and made more money (she actually took a paycut from a sales job she had).
    Something about "influencing young minds"...what a load of crap.
    Bingo!

mike37
    You would be around 60K
    and take into account degree's and overtime worked
    it can be alot more
    and how much would a teacher salary be after 20 years

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast