Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The needs of the many.....

OGShocker
    Well the special election is over, and the EVIL governor has been put back in his cage. I will ask those who closed the door. What do we do to fix this State? We (the people of California) elected the man to do a job. Then we (the people of California) duct tape his hands to his ass when he comes up with an plan to bale the State out of its problem. This once great State will be full of NOTHING but service workers and Government employees at the rate we are going.
    The point of this election was REFORM. Reform the system, so the liberal politicians that got us into the mess we are in would be stripped some of the power they have. The very same people that refused to fight for Prop. 187 in a court of law after the voters approved the prop' by 65%. The same people who push to take your freedom to own a firearm in this State. The people who force us (boaters) to spend $500.00 to $2000.00 each, to muffle our boats. Those who have restricted the access to public lands by our evil motorcycles, ATVs, JEEPs and buggies. The people who fight to keep us from drilling for oil off our coast, from adding much needed refineries and from setting up more nuclear plants. The people who SCREAM at the oil companies about the price of petro-chemical products will continue to tax the pants off of you at the pump. The same misguided folks who would have us turn tail (again) and run away from our enemies abroad. These Liberals, have called the President of the United States of America, a baby killer, war monger, criminal and a LIAR in time of war.
    Well, we stopped that evil Austrian motherfu*ker from cleaning up this State. Why? Because a few (by numbers) would not give a little power back to the PEOPLE. They did not want to "Opt into" a system rather than "Opt out" of one. Teachers (whom in my opinion are GROSSLY underpaid) will keep their tenure at two years. The Political hacks will keep their computer generated election results. The politicians will continue to spend our tax dollars until we bleed. Way to go California voters.... way to go. You have much to gloat about.
    OGS
    The needs of the many.....Outweigh the needs of the few.

little rowe boat
    Well Mark.
    Lets start by working together to repair the probs,which is what the unions originally tried to do.Too many people have worked too hard for too many years paying into a retirement system to have it dismantled,lets repair the prob. not destroy the entire system.
    Lets work together starting with the illegals who get a free ride across the board from us taxpayers,how about insisting that they learn english if they are going to attend our schools on our dime as not to bring down the test scores in a school and then blame these so called bad teachers.
    As for us service workers,I'm sorry we give you such a heartache,the population keeps increasing and rightfully so does the service worker work force.
    I agree with you about 187 and offroaders and boats and offshore drilling and the firearm freedoms.
    Mark as for opting out or opting in for PAC dues,I don't think you understand the burden that would have put on each of our unions and how it would have tied our hands politically,which is maybe what you wanted an unequal playing field.
    Yes, teachers are underpaid,I could not agree more.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Ok, how about ideas Lil Rowe, because the ones I saw rejected are ones that make perfectly good sense out here in the midwest.
    put YOU in controll of YOUR $$$ if you belong to a union. If you want the union to spend your $$ on things you DISAGREE with, then opt in. If you don't want it spent on things you disagree with, then they CANNOT.
    make the educational institution (and employees) accountable for what does not happen (thus good workers are easier to reward when bad ones are weeded out):
    FORCE controlled budgeting. Ks cannot spend more than intake every year, by our constitution. How many folks in Cali bich about Fed Govt defecit spending? Every one of them should shut the mouth because Cali lives the same way:
    Thx to the gerrymandering of districts, Cali's govt make-up (legislature) will NEVER CHANGE. Why, because the people who are voted in, re-shape the districts so they can be assured of what, BEING VOTED BACK IN:
    These made great sense where I come from. I don't have any ideas for Cali, you live there, put some up.
    I agree with dealing with the illegals you are swimming in. Fix it how?
    The way things are, your schools won't teach them English. They decide to teach them everything in Spanish, so you can get a HS education, and be UNABLE to communicate with other citizens. Pretty soon the state universities will adopt this too. 30 years from now, Cali will actually become N.E. Mexico.
    Spoken like a true blue, dyed-in-the-wool union member. No, that's not meant to be a slam, just an observation of one who actually thinks their union HAS the worker's interests in mind, instead of the union perpetuating the union. Enjoy, I'm a union member too. People are so used to state and fed govts spending their tax dollars in places they disagree with that they don't care if their paid "support group" does the same thing. It wouldn't have "harmed" the unions one little bit, because there are plenty of liberal-minded union members who buy everything they are told by the union who would opt-in. I've had these discussions at work. Best thing to happen to my employer would be for the union to be disbanded, and I think it will happen within 10 years.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Keep in mind the immigration problem is not only a State problem, it is a Federal problem. some of the things the State must do are mandated by the Federal government.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Yes, the Feds need to step up and square away the southern US border as well. Too bad I fear they won't. Seems like they are affraid of that damnable Vincente Fox and his corrupt minions. Really irritates me sometimes.

cdog
    Good Post OG. That's all just another reason why i'm bailing to AZ. It's just not worth the headach anymore here in CA. Politically and economicly this state is in the crapper and it will hover that way untill it's completely over run my illegals ( un documented workers). At that point in time the toilet will flush.
    The sad part is that I do belive that everyone know's that the true problem is the illegals sucking up the budget and putting forth nothing toward the system, but people like Arnie cannot say because they will be labeld a racist. Everyone wants something done but does not want to sacrafice anything.
    There comes a time when you realize beating that horse will not revive it.
    See Ya!

OGShocker
    As for us service workers,I'm sorry we give you such a heartache,the population keeps increasing and rightfully so does the service worker work force.
    Jeff,
    I do not consider Fire Fighters, Police or any others protect and serve us as "Service Employees". Service employees to me are the are those who work in the service industry, eg. food service, maid service..... The fact is Cailfornia seems to be the new mecca for CASH business'. A service type cash business is the best way in the World to hide revenue from the State and Federal tax collectors. My point was Jobs will continue to leave this State as long as the liberal politicians forget what made America great. They continue to do their level best to chase manufacturing / production jobs out of California. They MUST be stopped. If it takes some of our people to fall on their swords to accomplish this then I say fall. Thus my title, The needs of the many....
    Your friend,
    Mark

Scape Goat
    I heard from a birdy that there is talk about a double wall all they way across the us/mex border, when who knows but it is being discussed.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I heard from a birdy that there is talk about a double wall all they way across the us/mex border, when who knows but it is being discussed.
    Will never happen as long the liberals allowed to have any say this country.

little rowe boat
    Jeff,
    I do not consider Fire Fighters, Police or any others protect and serve us as "Service Employees". Service employees to me are the are those who work in the service industry, eg. food service, maid service..... The fact is Cailfornia seems to be the new mecca for CASH business'. A service type cash business is the best way in the World to hide revenue from the State and Federal tax collectors. My point was Jobs will continue to leave this State as long as the liberal politicians forget what made America great. They continue to do their level best to chase manufacturing / production jobs out of California. They MUST be stopped. If it takes some of our people to fall on their swords to accomplish this then I say fall. Thus my title, The needs of the many....
    Your friend,
    Mark
    Mark
    I do understand your points and agree with many,but to ask us to fall on our sword or sacrifice our livlihoods is a tall order.Do I want change? Absolutely,but not at the expense of my job and retirement.If he would have succeeded with his props, it could have set the fire service back 35 yrs.
    I know some of this is hard to believe,but just in Riverside alone,since the yr 1965 our call volume has increased over 1000%,our staffing levels remained the same,our response times have continued to rise because the city is getting larger . To give the Gov. the power to possibly make cuts to public safety if he felt it was needed was not a gamble many of us were willing to take,it would be dangerous for the city and of course to us firefighters.
    He came in and showed us that he did not care about us by cutting our survivor benefits for our families.( not good for Eds family now)he cut our workers comp. bene's.Cancer was presumptive for firefighter,not hard to figure out why,but not anymore,so when these props came up,honestly what kind of stance would you expect from us.
    Say hi to you family
    your friend
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast