Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are RF amps and Speakers good or not

H20 Toie
    I am finally getting around to getting a good stereo in the truck, and since i liked the sound from Friend of AA and TA truck i went to the same installer and they use the RockfordFosgate amps and speakers but after doing a little searching it seems that they might not be the best option. Since i plan on spending more than a few thousand dollars i want a really good system.

Outnumbered
    Go with JL. I have both in my boat and I like the JL stuff better.

Magic34
    I am finally getting around to getting a good stereo in the truck, and since i liked the sound from Friend of AA and TA truck i went to the same installer and they use the RockfordFosgate amps and speakers but after doing a little searching it seems that they might not be the best option. Since i plan on spending more than a few thousand dollars i want a really good system.
    They (RF) were doing really good about 2-3 years ago, and now they are cutting costs to try to keep form losing money. That means they are looking for the lowest bidder to make the most $ per unit.
    I went JL for subs, Focal for highs, and JBL for amps.
    I highly recommend the Focal for the highs. best speakers I have ever had.

1stepcloser
    I have run RF for years with no complaints. The opinions on this board though, are generally negative.
    As far as speakers, I am a die hard fan of Boston Acoustic. Superb in my unqualified opinion.

riverbound
    The "PUNCH" line of amps are not the greatest, but still IMO the best bang for the buck.....We use the "POWER" series amps in boats and have not found anything that works better. On this board though the general concensus is they are junk.
    But over a 10 year period I couldnt even count how many boats I have done and I would say that 90% of them left my shop with Rockford amps, and I had very few problems.
    I currently have RF amps in my stoker that were put in when the boat was new (1995) they just sopped working this season (got wet). they will be replaced with new Rockford amps this winter when the Stereo gets re-done. I am also putting RF amps in my Rhino. and have them in my truck.

riverbound
    And as far as speakers go....If you are looking for Higher end, I would recommend MB Quart, if they are out of your price range, I would look into the Eclipse's (not point source)

jbtrailerjim
    I run Arc Audio amps. I have had great luck with them, so far. I'll be redoing the system in my new truck very soon and it will be all Arc Audio.

Flashover
    The "PUNCH" line of amps are not the greatest, but still IMO the best bang for the buck.....We use the "POWER" series amps in boats and have not found anything that works better. On this board though the general concensus is they are junk.
    But over a 10 year period I couldnt even count how many boats I have done and I would say that 90% of them left my shop with Rockford amps, and I had very few problems.
    I currently have RF amps in my stoker that were put in when the boat was new (1995) they just sopped working this season (got wet). they will be replaced with new Rockford amps this winter when the Stereo gets re-done. I am also putting RF amps in my Rhino. and have them in my truck.
    Amps: Rockford
    Speakers: Diamond Audio, Boston pro Series, MB Quart.
    Subs: Rockford, JL Audio, MTX
    Can't go wrong with any of this Good luck

JetBoatRich
    Go with JL. I have both in my boat and I like the JL stuff better.
    I have JL amps and sub, sound and work great in the boat :wink:

Buster
    I have in my Yukon XL,
    Infinity Kappa Perfect (4) Speakers
    12" MTX Sub
    Audiosyn Amps
    Pioneer 7600 Headunit
    I tried three different combintions of amps and speakers and this setup sound the best by far.
    Good luck on you choice...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast