Thread: Stainless hoses

Thunderbutt
    How do I deal with this large http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...00_2-thumb.JPG hose.

jegs makes a braided sleve that will cover it that
    looks ok.
    http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

YeLLowBoaT
    they also make a metal hose that replace the rubber hoses. I have seen it at just about all the local automotive stores near me. You cut it to fit and use the end caps that come with it. They are supose to last a very long time.

superdave013
    shit can the water pump and use a cross over. lol
    Really I think just armorall (sp) up the black hose you have would look better then that slip on cover stuff.

Schiada76
    Really I think just armorall (sp) up the black hose you have would look better then that slip on cover stuff.
    Yup, the sleeves look VERY tacky.

Thunderbutt
    I agree about shit caning the pump. I still don't know why they have the water pump, when there is a sea water pump. This is my first outdrive set up. I have a lot to learn. The V-drive was simple. Someone show me a picture of the cross over.

I agree the sleve looks cheap and i have never seen it used
    on a boat.

Havasu47
    I agree about shit caning the pump. I still don't know why they have the water pump, when there is a sea water pump. This is my first outdrive set up. I have a lot to learn. The V-drive was simple. Someone show me a picture of the cross over.
    With the Merc setup you need the re-circulating pump to as part of the Thermostat system. You can go with an aftermarket Thermostat housing setup with the crossover instead of the water pump but it wont hold temp as consistently.

myoung
    Get some of that stainless hose covering and two of these (http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...6&autoview=sku).
    Not sure what size hose you have, but there should be a clamp that is the right size. Probably the 2.275 i.d. #PHN-6A-28R (page 2).