Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: strut bushing

olbiezer
    i need to change out my strut bushing any suggestions on type and vender etc? thanks which is better rubber with brass casing or fiber? i really dont want to change it again for a long time

dmontzsta

GofastRacer
    Use a fiber one, draw a line down the center, cut it in half and put one in each end and match the lines!..All bushings wear, how hard you run it depends on how long they last, and also the closer the v-drive is lined up the longer the bushing lasts, a properly balanced prop helps too!.. Just part of maintenance!..

EXTREMEBOATS
    :jawdrop: "OLBARON" Fix your carb, make it go. Then play with the rest....And put the prop back on till spring!!!! Maybe the water will be up enogh to get it off the trailer..... :hammer2:
    Mike

olbiezer
    ha ha ha very funny mike where is the carb u were going to have huh?

lucky
    clines - part is on its way back to you with a check for shipping have not got any responce on pm -- check em and thank you for your hospitality - a little goes a long ways - Chris

fltflyn
    my 0.02 cents worth. Turkite is the best material for strut bushings period.it's a little pricey but they will last for years. very wear resistant material. i can make them for one inch shafts.

GofastRacer
    my 0.02 cents worth. Turkite is the best material for strut bushings period.it's a little pricey but they will last for years. very wear resistant material. i can make them for one inch shafts.
    But what does it do for the propshaft?, bushings are nothing to replace but don't want to be wearing out the shaft!...

fltflyn
    never has galded a shaft that i know of. it is a brittle plastic like stuff outside of the strut but very tough when it comes to wear .they just don't wear out

I've gone through a lot of fibers ... switched to Delrin (a hibrid plastic made by DuPont) ones from RBR ... best I've ever seen or ran ...
    just my .02

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast