Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: strut bushing

lucky
    I've gone through a lot of fibers ... switched to Delrin (a hibrid plastic made by DuPont) ones from RBR ... best I've ever seen or ran ...
    just my .02
    they come in three colors don't they ?? do you have link to those ? seen em in h/b a few months ago

they come in three colors don't they ?? do you have link to those ? seen em in h/b a few months ago
    dunno about the colors ... mine are black ... also dunno if they are on Braaksma's website, but you could always call him:
    www.rbprops.com

BA Kurtis
    But what does it do for the propshaft?, bushings are nothing to replace but don't want to be wearing out the shaft!...
    Art I just got another Kurtis ( project ) when I pulled prop shaft fiber bushings were in tact and looked fine ( I plan to replace them) but the shaft does have some wear marks on it at the strut bushings also some discoloring on shaft, my ?? is how bad does shaft have to be before replacing?? and what would cause the discoloring it almost looks like its caused by heat, like it was ran on trailer in gear just want to know your opinion on this

MAXIMUS
    Turcite seems to work well. I burned up my first set as I didn't make slots for water. Fiber would be my second choice...

GofastRacer
    never has galded a shaft that i know of. it is a brittle plastic like stuff outside of the strut but very tough when it comes to wear .they just don't wear out
    Interesting, do you put the slots in to pass water??..

GofastRacer
    Turcite seems to work well. I burned up my first set as I didn't make slots for water. Fiber would be my second choice...
    So with the slots, did you get better life out of them than the fiber ones???..

GofastRacer
    I've gone through a lot of fibers ... switched to Delrin (a hibrid plastic made by DuPont) ones from RBR ... best I've ever seen or ran ...
    just my .02
    Are they just straight or do they have slots in them??.. Thanks..

GofastRacer
    Art I just got another Kurtis ( project ) when I pulled prop shaft fiber bushings were in tact and looked fine ( I plan to replace them) but the shaft does have some wear marks on it at the strut bushings also some discoloring on shaft, my ?? is how bad does shaft have to be before replacing?? and what would cause the discoloring it almost looks like its caused by heat, like it was ran on trailer in gear just want to know your opinion on this
    Sounds like it was run dry at one time, that will put a black stain on the shaft but how much wear is on it, can you feel it with your fingers??.. If you can feel a substantial amount then the shaft will be sloppy even with new bushings. You could take some 320 and take the stain off and go over it with 600 and see what it feels like!.. One thing though, if you plan on putting power to it and unless you know the history of the shaft, I would get it checked out thoughrouly before using it!.. Just my worthless .02!..

BA Kurtis
    Thanks Art I will have it checked out I can feel wear with fingers and I will be running big HP.

GofastRacer
    Thanks Art I will have it checked out I can feel wear with fingers and I will be running big HP.
    You're welcome, if you have that much wear it may be better to just get a new one if you're going to go with big power and just sell the one you have now to someone with a ski boat!..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast