Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Like/Dislike Cougar Boats?

Kona Jet
    I am looking into cougar boats but was wanting to see what you all had to say about them. Are they good? How is the builder as far as communication? I like thier 27 mtr series. Does anyone know about this hull? Is it a good plainer?
    Thank you
    Kona Jet

HavasuDreamin'
    I have had the chance to drive a 21' MTR with Merc 2.5 power. Excellent boat, fast and stable. Solidly built and comfortable. Very Expensive. I have no experience with the 27' MTR. Good Luck! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif
    Sorry about the frown, I tried to use a thumbs up. Don't know what happend.
    [This message has been edited by HavasuDreamin' (edited February 08, 2002).]

waterbum
    Kona,a few years ago,when I was searching for a new cat,I went to New York(Lake Chuitaugua)and test drove a 23MTR.The boat came on plane fast,felt like a magic carpet ride at speed and handled supurbly.This cat leaned into the turns slightly.My only problems were lack of storage,under-deck area finishing was scant(no carpeting overhead)and the interrior left somthing to be desired.Boat was equipped with an HP500 with the flame arrester protruding into the engine hatch cover.The hole for this was cut only about a quarter inch larger than the arrester and the top of the arrester was even with the pad.Seemed somewhat restrictive to me.Also had run of the mill gauges.This boat was used and abbused and they still wanted 60k.You can have one built anyway you want but with everything you add to the base boat,price skyrockets.Nice well built good handleing boat,but in my opinion,way over priced.Hope this helps.Bum

canuck1
    I have had a cougar for 18 years, this has been a great boat cougar has been great to deal with. the hull is still like new no stress cracks or any hull problems. My family has owned cougar products(10+) for 25 plus years and we highly recomend them. No they are not cheap. I was very impressed with the 27 MTR but its too big for me. Call cougar direct in salmon arm bc and see if the canadian prices differ without the middleman.

waterndog
    I got spanked by one, so I don't like them http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Infomaniac
    Kona Jet I cannot speak for the 27' version but my 19' v-drive boat is very well built. Any that I have seen are very good boats and last a long time.
    Oh Yea: I do a lot of spanking with this one.
    [This message has been edited by Infomaniac (edited February 08, 2002).]

27mtrcougar
    Originally posted by Kona Jet:
    I am looking into cougar boats but was wanting to see what you all had to say about them. Are they good? How is the builder as far as communication? I like thier 27 mtr series. Does anyone know about this hull? Is it a good plainer?
    Thank you
    Kona Jet
    Kona,Im very happy with my 27mtr just stepped up from a 23mtr.I loved my 23 it was rock solid.My 27 has twin 300x,they changed the bottom from the 23 its more like the newer 22 model. It works great.It planes faster then my 23[twin 280s] did.But the best thing is the ride, no porpoise even at slower speeds,just rides flat.The guys at cougar are great to deal with too they dont bs u just tell it like it is.As far as price goes i think the 27 is right on par with the other guys in the 26 to 28 foot range.Workmanship is top notch.You wont be disappointed with this boat. E mail me if have any more questions.

WILDMAN
    i SELL lIBERATOR TUNNEL AND LOVE THE WAY THEY PERFORM AND RIDE, I have 18 to 24 ft. email at liberatorboats@yahoo.com for pics. The 24 is similar to a 24 skater, and will run 110-115 with twin 2.5's.

COUGAR20.5
    We have owned a 20.5 since 1995 .we bought it from the factory. Wayne was great to deal with. the gelcoat still shines like its new.no stress cracks no paint falling off the trailer. upholstery is holdig up great.they have gotten much better with more updated graphics also.I would highly recomend them Al

Blown Sleek
    Hey any one know factually that the 27 leans to the inside?
    I know it does at below say 40 but how fast will you be going in about .5 g's radius to where it will skip or roll outward?
    I can speculate but? F.Y.I I would make three bilge pumps on seperate switches a happening thing! Can you make sure they do not splatter paint the inside of the bilge?
    Its played out and just a little messy for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast