Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahoe / Yukon Owners......

Boatcop
    Anyone else notice adverse front tire wear on the late model ('03-'05) Tahoes or Yukons? A co-worker who bought a '05 has rapid wear on the inside of the fronts, after just 5,000 miles. Said that another friend had the same situation on an '05.
    I checked mine and also have some major wear and minor cupping along the inside ridge of both fronts. (11,000 miles) Stock Bridgestone Duelers, 17", never towed with it.
    I put stock size Eagle Alloys on the front, but the others with this problem are factory stock wheels.
    Anyone else have experience with this? Is this a warranty issue?
    Jay???

Mrs. 4-B
    I have an '04 Yukin XL. Needed an alignment at about 20k miles. Steered to the right. All okay now though.

Jbb
    In the 11k miles you drove.....have the tires been rotated...?

dimarcobros
    I noticed the same problem but I thought it was because I have wide tires and they were rubbing when I was turning. :idea:

Mohave Vice
    Yep! Sure did. Have an 03' Yukon. Thought I was doing right when first purchased. All oil changes at 3k miles. Also rotated tires at same intervals. Then about 30K I finally noticed. Both steer tires inside were cuping. Thoght tires were shot. Also realized the rears were the same way. Took down and had an allignment and "trued" all four tires (shaving). Reversed the tires and no on merry way. Cost was less than 100.00. Good luck!

Boatcop
    In the 11k miles you drove.....have the tires been rotated...?
    Tires rotated at service.
    2WD
    Doesn't warranty cover alignment problems at such low mileage?

AirtimeLavey
    Had that issue w/my '01 2wd. Got the wear even w/reg. rotation and align check. Haven't noticed it on my '05 4wd, and have just over 10k on 17s.

PHOTOGLOU
    Anyone else notice adverse front tire wear on the late model ('03-'05) Tahoes or Yukons? A co-worker who bought a '05 has rapid wear on the inside of the fronts, after just 5,000 miles. Said that another friend had the same situation on an '05.
    I checked mine and also have some major wear and minor cupping along the inside ridge of both fronts. (11,000 miles) Stock Bridgestone Duelers, 17", never towed with it.
    I put stock size Eagle Alloys on the front, but the others with this problem are factory stock wheels.
    Anyone else have experience with this? Is this a warranty issue?
    Jay???
    Yes just brought my truck in for it personally......11k miles might be a little much for our friends at Bradley to warranty.... BUT PUSH THE ISSUE the can do it up to 12k miles BUT THATS IT... If they don't help I WILL GET YOU A NEW SET.... NOW Alan Again I will help you BUT you have changed the rims???? If so the Back spacing might be different so they could deny you on those grounds.... AGAIN I will get you new tires if they deny you.....Jay 714 552 0300

PHOTOGLOU
    I have an '04 Yukin XL. Needed an alignment at about 20k miles. Steered to the right. All okay now though.
    15k to 20k alignment is DUE.....

PHOTOGLOU
    Tires rotated at service.
    2WD
    Doesn't warranty cover alignment problems at such low mileage?
    Yes except you have changed your wheels right????? Now not covered... Try and be pushy(As I know you can(Thanks for the ticket ))Let me know what they say and maybe I can help you around to get it done.... Jay

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast