Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: legal advice

Acommanderguy
    Ok so I have a question. When you get subpeonad(sp) to court do they have to serve you or can they just tape it to your door?

JetBoatRich
    Tape it to your door :devil: how would the know you recieved it

PHOTOGLOU
    Ok so I have a question. When you get subpeonad(sp) to court do they have to serve you or can they just tape it to your door?
    If they send you a cert letter they can tape it to your door... I think you have to sign or have someone sign the cert letter though.... Second thought get better advice Good luck

Acommanderguy
    I came home and it was taped to my door. Noone was even here. I was like what the heck is this

phebus
    If you don't acknowledge reciept, all you are doing is putting off the inevitable. Now, or later......................

JetBoatRich
    If you don't acknowledge reciept, all you are doing is putting off the inevitable. Now, or later......................
    I would agree with this advice but I am no laywer

Acommanderguy
    I dunno the da doesnt even have a case, and I wouldnt be a good witness for them. I dont even want to be a witness for them. I told them I would go for the defense, and they still wanted to to testify for them. I dont get it.

JetBoatRich
    Lawyers will put a lot of people on the witness list and hardly call any of them. Just covering their ass and making it look like the have a better case

Acommanderguy
    They have been drawing this incident out for months. I told them repeadtly that they were given a false story. 2 witness rebuttaled there stories. I spoke with the defense investigator and the da's investigator. I told the defense they could call me for a witness. seeing as I was 2 feet from what happened. I think the da is throwing crap against the wall in hopes it will stick. So far the defense has supeonda anyone to go to court.

YeLLowBoaT
    I think thats the best advice any 1 could give you right there. If the DA wants you, the DA WILL GET YOU. That or your going to jail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast