Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad time in the RFD.

little rowe boat
    11-05-05
    1st in the line of duty fatality in the 118 year history of the RFD. Ed collapsed and lost consciousness after fighting a fire in sta.8's district. He was administered ALS on scene and enroute to the the hospital,he never regained consciousness and was pronounced dead a short time later.Ed leaves behind his mother,sister,wife and 13 yr. old daughter,as well as 200 of his brother firefighters at the RFD.Ed you will be forever missed and never forgotten,may God bless you and comfort your family
    http://cbs2.com/video/?id=9459@kcbs.dayport.com.

dicudmore
    11-05-05
    1st in the line of duty fatality in the 118 year history of the RFD. Ed collapsed and lost consciousness after fighting a fire in sta.8's district. He was administered ALS on scene and enroute to the the hospital,he never regained consciousness and was pronounced dead a short time later.Ed leaves behind his mother,sister,wife and 13 yr. old daughter,as well as 200 of his brother firefighters at the RFD.Ed you will be forever missed and never forgotten,may God bless you and comfort your family.
    sorry to hear that...

SixDays
    Our prayers are with his family and with the membership of the RFD! Very sad to hear!!!

Kachina26
    A sad day indeed. My prayers to family and brother firefighters. :cry:

Kilrtoy
    GODSPEED
    That is always a tragic event ....
    Heart goes out to RFD

H20 Toie
    My prayers to the family.

phuggit
    Sorry to hear about this. Prayers for the family.
    Where is station 8?

phebus
    Tragic, what a loss. I will pray for the family, friends, and all involved. I am a firm believer that out of all tragedy comes good things, and I pray that some how through his passing others lives, relationships and health awareness become better.
    God speed, and rest in peace.
    Damn, as a fireman, I hate to hear this stuff.

blackcloud75
    Sorry to hear about this. Prayers for the family.
    Where is station 8?
    On the south side of Hole Ave. just east of La Sierra........
    For those who know Ed.......we will never forget his dedication to our profession, as well as a mentor to his peers, and a friend to everyone.
    Did he ever stand around without his hands in his pockets????
    Brother Teran.....Surf's Up....Never forget ya'
    Godspeed

Supultlbich
    Hate to hear that stuff. Thoughts and prayers will be with Ed and all of the RFD. I cant begin to imagine your sense of loss. They say that we as firemen get used to this type of thing, but it never seems to get any easier. I didnt know Ed but I know that as a fireman he was doing the job he loved to do, and gave his life to help another and nothing is more noble.
    God Bless Ed, and all of you, his brothers.
    Sean

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast