Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New To Forum

77OMEGA
    Hi,
    I just purchased a 1977 OMEGA (sunchaser from what I have read) project boat. I think it is mostly all there. It has an Olds 455 and a Jacuzzi YJ pump. I took some pics, but can't get them on this computer. I have been reading the posts in this forum and have learned quite a bit. I have never owned a jet boat before and am looking forward to restoring this one. I will probably be picking all your brains in the near future.
    Thanks in advance,

El Prosecutor
    Welcome to the addition and the boards. I got my first boat in September and have been hooked. Got to enjoy the boat for a couple of months before having a major thrust bearing failure/ruined impeller. Now enjoying process of rebuild and winter maintenance. This is a great forum with many knowledgable, friendly, and helpful people. TTFN
    -EP

LUVNLIFE
    Welcome and have a good time. Remember this is the internet. Lot's of good info but a couple of a holes. Take it in stride and have a good time.

Squirtin Thunder
    Welcome and have a good time. Remember this is the internet. Lot's of good info but a couple of a holes. Take it in stride and have a good time.
    What do you mean, we all love boating and want the best for everyone .
    Welcome !!!

Ken F
    Hi,
    I just purchased a 1977 OMEGA (sunchaser from what I have read) project boat. I think it is mostly all there. It has an Olds 455 and a Jacuzzi YJ pump. I took some pics, but can't get them on this computer. I have been reading the posts in this forum and have learned quite a bit. I have never owned a jet boat before and am looking forward to restoring this one. I will probably be picking all your brains in the near future.
    Thanks in advance,
    77Omega,
    Ironic. My last boat was a 77 Omega "Suncatcher". Went through almost a complete resto while I owned it. If I can help, would be glad to.
    Ken F

Taylorman
    Hey Ken, how fast you got that new boat running? What kind of power you got in it now?

Ken F
    Taylorman,
    I was able to GPS 98.7 this summer. I've got a 460 with roller setup and Alum. BT heads w/BT intake & 1050 Dominator.
    We didn't really expect it to go this fast, so it needs to go back to Ervin this winter for a bit deeper bubble, to help free it up some more, and then i'm pretty sure it will break the century mark!
    Hoping to be able to make it down for your bikini deal this year- looking forward to getting to shoot a roost with you!
    Kne F

Squirtin Thunder
    Taylorman,
    I was able to GPS 98.7 this summer. I've got a 460 with roller setup and Alum. BT heads w/BT intake & 1050 Dominator.
    We didn't really expect it to go this fast, so it needs to go back to Ervin this winter for a bit deeper bubble, to help free it up some more, and then i'm pretty sure it will break the century mark!
    Hoping to be able to make it down for your bikini deal this year- looking forward to getting to shoot a roost with you!
    Kne F
    Congrats Ken.

77OMEGA
    DUH!!!, Ken I believe that suncatcher is what I meant to put in my original post. Anyway it is about 20ft LOA without the swim platform with an open bow and a beam of about 7 1/2 ft. Does that sound about right??
    thanks

Ken F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast