Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New To Forum

77OMEGA
    Ken,
    That looks like it, only mine is in need of lots and lots of TLC.
    Thanks for the replies

Ultra Compulsive
    I got one of those...turned it into a fish and ski....I should show some pics.....

Taylorman,
    I was able to GPS 98.7 this summer. I've got a 460 with roller setup and Alum. BT heads w/BT intake & 1050 Dominator.
    We didn't really expect it to go this fast, so it needs to go back to Ervin this winter for a bit deeper bubble, to help free it up some more, and then i'm pretty sure it will break the century mark!
    Hoping to be able to make it down for your bikini deal this year- looking forward to getting to shoot a roost with you!
    Kne F
    Dang Ken............you got thing really rollin! Naturally aspirated, single carb running that close to the triple digits? That's just awesome man.
    Might have to tap on you for some info on that roller setup you got there. I'm getting close to freshen up time and have been considering going to a roller setup. Don't think I'd get the same results with my Edelbrock heads, but even to come close would be cool.

Ken F
    Dan,
    Thanks for the cudos! I have to be honest though, and say that Duane's help is the only way it got there. lol....we've changed setup several different times, impellers, shoes, nozzles...on and on...you know the drill.
    I think that my Heads are flowing too much for this little 460. they really need to be on a stroker to make them work like they should. Charlie Evans (Evans Racing Engines) flowed & worked them for me last winter. I'm hoping to build a 532 or so this winter, but if it gets much closer to spring, It's gonna have to wait! lol
    I've thought long and hard about putting nitrous on it, but I'd really much rather Break into the 100's NA. That's just me. I'd be happy to offer any advice that I'm capable of!
    Ken

That's cool that you and Duane have that working relationship going and it's obviously paying off in spades. I'm hip to the no nitrous thing. The only reason I'm using it is because I couldn't afford (no pun on the "A Ford" thing) to build a motor with the kind of horsepower I needed/wanted and it was a cheap way to get to my goal (which of couse has turned into a new goal a several times over by now).
    I'm always impressed by single carbed NA motors running those kind of numbers.
    I was thinking about stroking mine the next time around too. Probably do a 514 or 521 with a roller setup and bump up the compression a bit. Being as mine's a semi-v I don't think my boat will ever run the numbers that you are now, but I'll be happy if it's just a little faster.......... I'd be pleased as punch with 90.
    For a while

Ken F
    Glad you put the "for a while" on there!!! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12