Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Renegade" All Wood Dual Engine Campbell

Dave Sammons
    This is about all I got for pictures, sure would like to find some shots of the boat from back in the day. When she gets back from Clayton's...the pictures will start flowing. To Riverkid's point...couldn't have been many outboard rudders on v-drive boats b-4 this and as far as coupling the engines together...A sprocket and chain assembly, similar to a CrackerBox set up is what was used. I am planning on going to the guys at Lenco to try and engineer a more up to date setup. Haulina...I am giving some serious thought to the HEMI v-drive due to parts availability and gear options. It has 29's in it now. Kinda hate not to use it since it's original.

haulina29
    The shift fork is the weak link and they are the loudest vdrive known to man lol . I watched that boat race for years . Bill Cooper ran out board steering on Spooky in the sixtys remember that piece ? He rode on a skid plate behind the boat and the engine was dead center of the boat .

Big Kahunaa
    That thing is way bad ass way cooler than any 140,000$ gay pride cat

haulina29
    Big Kahuna I would have to agree with you on that ! There is alot of history behind that boat it was made to run on the outside because at the time the wake was huge . most ran flats there were a few 19 foot v bottoms around but this thing made them look like dingys .It was definatley the beggining of big ski race boats . H29

Big Kahunaa
    I love any thing with history cars boats or just parts but not chicks I'm sure people here have seen that flaty with twin small blocks called sixteen candels I saw it in needles one weekend way bad ass

Dave Sammons
    Big Kahuna I would have to agree with you on that ! There is alot of history behind that boat it was made to run on the outside because at the time the wake was huge . most ran flats there were a few 19 foot v bottoms around but this thing made them look like dingys .It was definatley the beggining of big ski race boats . H29
    The owner of the boat got a trophy with it from the Catalina race that Bud won his class with Bob driving. To your point...This thing must've been a pleasure to ski behind compared to the boats of the day. I quit ski racing in 1977 and most of the boats then were still flatbottoms.

Dave Sammons
    I love any thing with history cars boats or just parts but not chicks I'm sure people here have seen that flaty with twin small blocks called sixteen candels I saw it in needles one weekend way bad ass
    That boat, a Sanger, belongs to a good friend of ours...Andy Clary. He built it on a whim just because he thought a dual engine boat would be fun to own...How cool is that! It's still up in the air if the owner of this boat wants to restore the boat back to original livery. If not, I thought a cool name would be "Sweet Little Sixteen". We'll see which direction he wants to go. Right now the main thing is getting the hull back in shape.

Riverkid
    I'd sure love to see that boat in person...

spectras only
    This was a setup in a 24 Campbell .
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/2...ercruiser2.jpg

fc-cdf
    we have a twin big block powerered 24 ' spectra ours has two v-drives and dual rudders.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast