Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denver, Colorado Property

Red Eye
    Has anyone lived/been to Denver or the surrounding areas? I've had a fascination of living there for the past few years and I'm trying to talk the wifey into possibly moving there. Is there any pros/cons about Colorado... lakes, family friendly, atv riding, etc? Any info would be appreciated. Please only serious comments. I know there are many comedians on these boards.

Freak
    Has anyone lived/been to Denver or the surrounding areas? I've had a fascination of living there for the past few years and I'm trying to talk the wifey into possibly moving there. Is there any pros/cons about Colorado... lakes, family friendly, atv riding, etc? Any info would be appreciated. Please only serious comments. I know there are many comedians on these boards.
    I attended college in Fort Collins--CSU. Right above Denver. I spent some time there. It has its good neighborhoods and bad ones just like any other city. One thing for sure it's cold in the winter.

Flashover
    I was asked to move there a couple of times with my previouse employer. I have been there a few times, it is fun to go drinking and partying there, But i wouldn't live there thats just my .02. Everything there seems very far apart with lots of driving between places. Downtown is cool though with good resturaunts and great places to drink beer. Houses are a little pricey as well. Good luck

little rowe boat
    I love the area.I have family in Castlerock and I lived in Vail for a winter.Summers are beautiful.

Sleek-Jet
    Are you fasinated with Colorado, or Denver??? Denver is Eastern Kansas.
    If you want Colorado, take a good look at Grand Junction. It's only a couple hours from Lake Powell, Canyon Lands, and is close to some pretty good skiing (Telluride, Crested Butte). As for the time being, there is lots of ATV activity on the National Forests, plus plenty of fishing and hunting if that's your thing.
    I'm a bit biased since I lived most of my life on the Western Slope, but my impression of Denver after living there for a few years is it's just a big city... at 5000 feet.
    Get used to 3 seasons, Winter, Summer, and Fall... Spring is usually pretty short if non-existant. Summers are warm, but kinda short. Fall is what makes living there nice.
    One perk is you get to use the water before anyone else...

syke-o
    one downside is they have a ban on all pit bull type dogs in denver .... but that would only effect you if you owned that type dog...

Blacksheep
    I lived there for 20 years there and that's where I grew up. I lived in both Golden and Arvada. Great area, great schools and obviously lots to do. It is getting quite crowded there now and all the open space is getting developed so it is growing quite rapidly. We did most of our boating at either Standley Lake, Cherry Creek Res, Chatfield Res, Grand Lake, Dillon Res, Bonny Res, and Jackson Res. At the time speed limit on lakes was 40 mph, unless it's changed.
    Anything specific you are looking for? Feel free to send me a pm.

HCS
    Are you going to move there to torment Bronco fans?
    I really thought you were kidding. :jawdrop:

riverroyal
    moved from OC to colorado springs,they love it,trying to get us to move there.They also have a cabin in Cripple Creek,where ever that is,I know my Father in law fly fishes alot.A whole nother world from socal living

dicudmore
    Well for one thing...that would put your service connection ~2,000 miles away :cry:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast