Thread: Neovane pump

Thunderbutt
    Two weeks ago I was saying how good these pumps are, now I have two blades and 1/2 of two more broken off and in the motor or hoses, I can force water backwords from a T back through the oil cooler to the pump, from the T is goes through the headers, I can take the water manifold off leading to the headers and check them, I can also check the hoses back to the header from the motor. If they are in the motor, what do you do?

superdave013
    Most of the time I find them in the first 90 or tee fitting.

spectras only
    Jim , I had one blade missing once and found it right away in a hose.Reverse hook up may help to dislodge the broken pieces . It's good practice to change these impellers every two years at least.Better yet, remove the cover during winter layup to release the tension on it.
    [ August 01, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

DansBlown73Nordic
    Oh yah they are great pumps......LoL

Thunderbutt
    I toke all of the hoses off and they were clean, even the manifold to the headers. They couldn't go through the jackets of the headers. The water goes through the headers before the motor. Maybe I should put a vaccum on the inlets to the headers.
    Here is my set up. #16 to the pump #16 through the oil cooler to a #16 x 10 T #10 to the header maniflod four #8's to the headers # 10 to the motor and #10 back to the dump into the headers.
    They could go through the #16 and the T and the #10 but to go through the #8's at the manifold doesn't seem likey.

DansBlown73Nordic
    All I can say is I had my pump all apart searching for parts. Those little impellars can hide in the funniest places.
    The next time apart I found stuff from the last time. eek! More fins then were missing this time...

GofastRacer
    Dans66Stevens:
    Oh yah they are great pumps......LoL Yeah they are, still using the one I got on my Stevens(my first boat)in 72 and only on my third impeller!..