Thread: ARP Main Stud ??

TJS
    I am at work and I am getting ready to assemble my BBC over the holiday. I had it line bored with ARP main stud kit. The ARP site is crap right now. I need to know what you people are putting on the stud (the coarse part that goes into the block). I have done a search and cannot find an answer.
    Thanks
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

mj680
    I am at work and I am getting ready to assemble my BBC over the holiday. I had it line bored with ARP main stud kit. The ARP site is crap right now. I need to know what you people are putting on the stud (the coarse part that goes into the block). I have done a search and cannot find an answer.
    Thanks
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    OIL

[QUOTE=TJS]I am at work and I am getting ready to assemble my BBC over the holiday. I had it line bored with ARP main stud kit. The ARP site is crap right now. I need to know what you people are putting on the stud (the coarse part that goes into the block). I have done a search and cannot find an answer.
    Thanks
    T.J.
    i personally use Locktite...no chance of the studs ever turning or coming loose that way...i never had a prob...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

Flat Crazy Racing
    ARP ASSEMBLY LUBE, 90# torque.(and exercise the nut/washer together a few times while torquing) I was told yrs ago NOT to use lock tite! The studs should be hand tight only. Locking in the lower thread defeats the theory of the fine thread on the top. These hi tech studs are designed for maximum clamping force with just the right amount of "strech". Just my .02.......MP
    Note: 70# is for head studs, mains are 90#.......MP