Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convert 496 MAG to 496 HO

bniez
    I am considering getting some HO cams and PCM's to convert my motors to HO's. Has anyone tried this yet? If so, how did it turn out?

Tom Brown
    You could always toss out the EFI system and go with a carb and manifold for 20~40% more power.

Jyruiz
    You could always toss out the EFI system and go with a carb and manifold for 20~40% more power.
    LOL.

Tom Brown
    In case you missed it bniez -> EFI to carb (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98124)
    There is also some HO -> even more HO discussion in this thread so you may find it of some value.

RiverToysJas
    I am considering getting some HO cams and PCM's to convert my motors to HO's. Has anyone tried this yet? If so, how did it turn out?
    That's all it would take. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    RTJas

Beer-30
    Not again!
    There is a good thread about the Mag to HO changes:
    http://www.***boat.net/forums/showth...light=496+cams

MACHINEHEAD
    Does anyone even make a carb manifold for 496?

Beer-30
    Does anyone even make a carb manifold for 496?
    I hope not.

bniez
    Thanks for the info. I read the "496 MAG Cams" thread. I was wondering if anyone had actually tried doing the swap yet?

Beer-30
    Thanks for the info. I read the "496 MAG Cams" thread. I was wondering if anyone had actually tried doing the swap yet?
    Not that I am aware of. Unless one is going to do some headwork and an intake swap, there is no since, really, in tearing into the cam area. As much work as that is, it just would not be worth the effort for stock cam. Now, if you were installing an upgraded cam from Crane or Raylar, it would be worth it. Even if you changed heads later. Although, I am sure you could pick up a lightly used HO cam for next to nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast