Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: excursion lift

Partycattin
    Overall the ride is actually better then before. The front end seems softer, probably because of the bigger tire absorbing some of the bumps from the road. The front end also does not bottom out on the bump-stops when you go into a driveway.
    I need to trim the valance by about 1/4 - 1/2 inch at the lower corner, other than that, no rubbing at all.
    It seems to be down just a bit in the back and may need another inch or so of lift. I don't want it to be sagging when I tow.
    Thinking about air bags or an add a leaf. Any thoughts on the two options?

sigepmock
    I run the air bags. Gives you the ability to adjust the height for different weight situations and seems to ride better. I've run them on the last two trucks and been very pleased. I've never been a big fan of 'Add a leaf's".
    I think the basic 5000lb airbag set-up is around $200 and install is a snap. Check SummitRacing.com, they seemed to have the best prices around.
    BTW, truck looks good, congrats
    Chris

H20 Toie
    Air bags are the only way to go the add a leaf's will make it ride much rougher and you can adjust ride height with the bags.

cc322
    Looks good , nice job glad to see you got your wheels finally. Do the bags they are great the only catch is you must keep at least 5lbs of air in them at all times.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123