Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Manifolds..........

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Whats the hot ticket on exhaust manifolds for thru-transom headers for a bbc. What are the pros and cons? Who's got the best price??
    Any ifo is appreciated
    Thx,396

Sleek-Jet
    I hear you pick up at least 10 mph with TT exhaust...
    Lightnings all the way...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    anyboady?????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I hear you pick up at least 10 mph with TT exhaust...
    Lightnings all the way...
    Hey silly, its not for me. Its for my buddies new eliminator. I dont know about tt exhaust. Well I know a little bit......They are outrageaously priced...

Bryan Rose
    They are outrageaously priced...
    yes but try buying a set of CMI's, have a set on my 500 EFI when these go dont know what to do, but I have a set of lightnings on my jet ....1,650.00 got them from Jan direct a nice product.
    Good luck
    Bryan

BadKachina
    Whats the hot ticket on exhaust manifolds for thru-transom headers for a bbc. What are the pros and cons? Who's got the best price??
    Any ifo is appreciated
    Thx,396
    Are you running through the transom already with your stock manifolds? If you aren't and you go to headers through the transom I would suspect that you will have a noticable amount of increase in power. I typically see an increase of 2 to 4 hundred rpm switching from through the drive to through transom. When going from stock exhaust manifolds to headers I've seen as much as a 5 hundred rpm increase and as low as 2 hundred. I guarantee your buddy will notice some seat of the pants increase for his money.
    As far as header types, CMI is making some of the nicest headers out there right now. You'll pay for them though, depending on what set you like, CMI headers with tails can run upwards of 4k or more. I sell Lightning headers, wich are also a tube type header. I can get a set for just under 1600.00. Lightnings are a really good value for the $ as far as performance but they aren't stainless on the outer tube for that price, the stainless are about a thousand more.
    Then you have the manifold type headers, EMI and Imco. The EMI is a good looking value for the $ and capable of handling a mild big block. You can get them in different colors and configurations for about 1500 or under.
    Imco's manifold type headers are closer to the performance of tube type headers but are about 600 more than EMI headers.
    I sell the Imco, EMI and Lightning headers. I can't help you with the CMI's. Have your friend call me if he has any questions, I'll treat him more than fair on the price.
    Outdrive Exchange and Performance Marine
    1-866-Outdriv or 623-693-0470

lucky
    gee 396 I thought for sure you would be a expert on the flow of hot gasses .
    Just rember -- In my v drive cruiser i run lightnings and am very happy with the quality and preformance differnence it made - four years ago i paid 1800. best investment in pipes i made -
    you should really enjoy those big ol black pipes -- :crossx: fag

lucky
    I really need some manmeat !-
    anyboady?????
    :crossx:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Are you running through the transom already with your stock manifolds? If you aren't and you go to headers through the transom I would suspect that you will have a noticable amount of increase in power. I typically see an increase of 2 to 4 hundred rpm switching from through the drive to through transom. When going from stock exhaust manifolds to headers I've seen as much as a 5 hundred rpm increase and as low as 2 hundred. I guarantee your buddy will notice some seat of the pants increase for his money.
    As far as header types, CMI is making some of the nicest headers out there right now. You'll pay for them though, depending on what set you like, CMI headers with tails can run upwards of 4k or more. I sell Lightning headers, wich are also a tube type header. I can get a set for just under 1600.00. Lightnings are a really good value for the $ as far as performance but they aren't stainless on the outer tube for that price, the stainless are about a thousand more.
    Then you have the manifold type headers, EMI and Imco. The EMI is a good looking value for the $ and capable of handling a mild big block. You can get them in different colors and configurations for about 1500 or under.
    Imco's manifold type headers are closer to the performance of tube type headers but are about 600 more than EMI headers.
    I sell the Imco, EMI and Lightning headers. I can't help you with the CMI's. Have your friend call me if he has any questions, I'll treat him more than fair on the price.
    Outdrive Exchange and Performance Marine
    1-866-Outdriv or 623-693-0470
    I will let him know. He is running indmar and they suck!! They are leaking....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    gee 396 I thought for sure you would be a expert on the flow of hot gasses .
    Just rember -- In my v drive cruiser i run lightnings and am very happy with the quality and preformance differnence it made - four years ago i paid 1800. best investment in pipes i made -
    you should really enjoy those big ol black pipes -- :crossx: fag
    Hey d**khead, your opinion is lame! You were better off telling me to run without any mainfolds......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast