Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Waterski Racing Season Opener

I need to get a big boat to tow you!!! :idea: :idea: :rollside:
    Hey you're that "They don't have enough classes for me" dood right?

Cole1313
    How long is that race? Can anyone enter?

h20skiracer
    How long is that race? Can anyone enter?
    Which race? Pretty much anyone can enter, just as long as you sign up for the proper organizations, and have the proper safety gear, just like any other racing.

Cole1313
    Which race? Pretty much anyone can enter, just as long as you sign up for the proper organizations, and have the proper safety gear, just like any other racing.
    The Parker Marathon Race. Does the boat need anything special. I have never raced, but have always been interested.

h20skiracer
    The Parker Marathon Race. Does the boat need anything special. I have never raced, but have always been interested.
    If you go to this site http://www.nwsra.net/resources.htm that will have all of the requirements that you need for your boat, and for you. Just download the 2003 handbook, and the rule changes for 2004, and 2005, and you should be set. Also, you have to join USA Waterski, for the insurance.I know the skier entry fees for the main races which are 45min plus 1 lap are $85/ day. But now that I think of it, I think that is for each team. Let me know if you have any more questions.

obnoxious001
    Try the nwsra.net website, that should give you some information. You can ask them to mail you a rule book. If you are just starting out, consider skiing one of the "beginner" type classes, since if you start in your age class, you can't go back to a lower class. They have classes where you can ski on recreational skis instead of having to rush out and buy a race ski. PM or email me direct obnoxious001@yahoo.com and I will give you more information.

Cole1313
    Try the nwsra.net website, that should give you some information. You can ask them to mail you a rule book. If you are just starting out, consider skiing one of the "beginner" type classes, since if you start in your age class, you can't go back to a lower class. They have classes where you can ski on recreational skis instead of having to rush out and buy a race ski. PM or email me direct obnoxious001@yahoo.com and I will give you more information.
    Thanks, I am going to talk to the wife tonight and see if you can even be there for that weekend. If so you will be hearing from me. thanks again.

Riverkid
    We ran our first non-Catalina race out there a couple years back and ran in the mini. We blew our boat motor but had a ball pulling double up on the "rented river". Nobody else out there but racers. It was awesome.

SGettmann
    How do I go about getting a tow for that weekend? I would be a novice, first time racer since my 0-9 days on doubles. I'm more than happy to fly down with my Maha, but to drag my 21' down is a long ways for the weekend. Plus I would need a driver and observer. Need to move my butt back closer to So Cal. I've been trying to look up the Canadian circuit, since I'm relatively close to the border. Thanks for any information anyone can provide me on a tow. I wouldn't be all that fast. Dad was pulling me at about 70 on glass this summer, which is nothing compared to the big boys. Willing to fly and help out with gas/entry fees.

Riverkid
    Check your PM's...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast