Thread: We need a replacment blower for a Merc 575

Sandbar Mike
    Need a replacment blower for a mercury 575?? you guys know of anybody or anywhere we could get one. We would rather rebuild and use it than buy it from Merc.
    Thanks

25Elmn8r
    What do you mean a Merc 575? Did you swap motors or is this for another boat?

Magic34
    Need a replacment blower for a mercury 575?? you guys know of anybody or anywhere we could get one. We would rather rebuild and use it than buy it from Merc.
    Thanks
    I know the answer to this. Contact The Blower Shop. The merc ones are junk and they have one that has better components ready to go.

Magic34
    The rotors and bearings cant keep up on the Merc blowers if you raise the psi, so you need better ones anyways. The blower shop has them and if you have the chilelrs, they have made one to adapt as well.

cougarcat
    What Magic said.........The Blower Shop.
    Our 575 started to make some racket on the water. Pulled the belt and idled back to the marina. Pulled the blower that afternoon, Fedex'd it to them Mon. and they were able to go through it, replacing and upgrading parts, and have it back to us by Fri. Didn't miss a weekend on the water. Excellent service.

Sandbar Mike
    I know the answer to this. Contact The Blower Shop. The merc ones are junk and they have one that has better components ready to go.
    This is for a friend of mine that has a 28LP eliminator w/twin 575's. We smoked the right side blower while running around 110mph. Unfortunitly it did some damage in the lower end as well. He's having the engine rebuilt but the blower can't be rebuilt, it's junked. I guess merc tweeks these blowers just enought to not have chillers (first problem). So our thought was to get a rebuilt not from merc so both engine would still be set up the same. Left side blower has been rebuilt it's fine.
    I'll mention the blower shop to him. Thanks for the info
    DJ,
    I just put a 700hp 565 in the Force. She's scream'n, runs great. No blower for me, for a while anyway.