Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Drive Preferance Poll

Squirtin Thunder
    This is just for my use as a dealer.
    What pumps and parts do you prefer ???
    No negative coments only positive ones please !!!

460 WJ
    How about the best pump ever made Jacuzzi WJ??

Hipshot
    Why don't you have Dominator on your list? I have never owned anything but Berkeley and Dominator and I like them both. My last Berkeley had an Aggressor impeller in it and when I switched from the berk to the aggressor impeller I picked up about 3-5 mph. My berk impeller was getting tired but it was still in good shape, it was an A and I switched to a B cut on the aggressor.

Squirtin Thunder
    Why don't you have Dominator on your list? I have never owned anything but Berkeley and Dominator and I like them both. My last Berkeley had an Aggressor impeller in it and when I switched from the berk to the aggressor impeller I picked up about 3-5 mph. My berk impeller was getting tired but it was still in good shape, it was an A and I switched to a B cut on the aggressor.
    Aren't dominator made by AT ???

Hipshot
    I think AT bought Dominator in the lator years and they do own them now, but the pumps are different. I think after AT bought them they may have started using the same bowls and maybe even impellers but I know the suction housings are different. I have never owned a Dominator from the AT factory so I really don't know the details but I have owned Dominators off and on for 20 years and they are great pumps.

BigBlockBaja
    What if I like a Berkeley Jet with an American Turbine impellor?

Squirtin Thunder
    What if I like a Berkeley Jet with an American Turbine impellor?Multiple votes
    Pump vote and impeller vote

Jeanyus
    Berkeley

PC Rat
    I think AT bought Dominator in the lator years and they do own them now, but the pumps are different. I think after AT bought them they may have started using the same bowls and maybe even impellers but I know the suction housings are different. I have never owned a Dominator from the AT factory so I really don't know the details but I have owned Dominators off and on for 20 years and they are great pumps.
    I believe that Ron started Dominator then sold the company. He then started American Turbine, then later bought back Dominator.
    Brian

Duane HTP
    Bruce Simmons started Dominator pump company in Lubbock, Tx about 1976. Ron Gordon worked with him. (really the pump Brians of the organization). They sold to Phillips Industries of Tx who moved the plant to Hugo Ok for several years. Later Bruce and Ron started up American Turbine at Lubbock also. After a few years it sold to Red Line Industries in Idaho. Ron went with the company. They later moved to Asotin, WA. Ron runs the company now. They recently bought back dominator because of the stronger suction housings. If you buy a new ATJ pump today, It will say Dominator on the suction housing, and American Turbine on the pump serial number tag. They are one of the brands that we sell and are very good pumps. Quality workmanship and Parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast