Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the lamest traffic ticket you ever got.

Jeanyus
    Lots of ticket threads lately. So I thought I would see if you can beat these.
    1.Unsafe lane change on a Schwinn.
    2.Riding a snowmobile without a helmet. (on private property)
    3.Helmet not properly secured to riders head. (street bike) The officer made a U turn in a blind curve, on a dangerous 2 lane highway, to pull me over.
    4. Riding a VW trike without a motorcycle endorsement. (Ca. DMV does not require a motorcycle endorsement for a VW trike.)
    I was guilty on all counts but the Judge threw out # 2,3,and 4.

BADBLOWN572
    I got a ticket one time when I was on 15 towing a trailer to the river. I was driving and dad was sitting passenger seat. I got pulled over for expired tags on the trailer. Cop ran them and showed that the registration was current. He then said that it was illegal to pull a trailer under a permit versus a liscense. We first asked for the county seat which we got and when we went to the court we said that we did not find anything under the vehicle code saying a driver on a permit coulnd't tow a trailer. Judge said he did not know anything either and case was dismissed.
    F'ing A-hole cop drove from Indo to Riverside just to have the case thrown out and him look like a dumb ass.

Kilrtoy
    Pretty sure unless it was FULLY ENCLOSED, you got off because the judge did not know the law, you got lucky
    27803. (a) A driver and any passenger shall wear a safety helmet meeting requirements established pursuant to Section 27802 when riding on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle.
    (b) It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a).
    (c) It is unlawful to ride as a passenger on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a).
    (d) This section applies to persons who are riding on motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycles operated on the highways.
    (e) For the purposes of this section, "wear a safety helmet" or "wearing a safety helmet" means having a safety helmet meeting the requirements of Section 27802 on the person's head that is fastened with the helmet straps and that is of a size that fits the wearing person's head securely without excessive lateral or vertical movement.
    (f) This section does not apply to a person operating, or riding as a passenger in, a fully enclosed three-wheeled motor vehicle that is not less than seven feet in length and not less than four feet in width, and has an unladen weight of 900 pounds or more, if the vehicle meets or exceeds all of the requirements of this code, the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and the rules and regulations adopted by the United States Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    (g) In enacting this section, it is the intent of the Legislature to ensure that all persons are provided with an additional safety benefit while operating or riding a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle.

pjones
    RE: #3
    It's amazing some of the maneuvers I've seen hwy patrol do
    to get turned around and stop someone for doing 5 to 10 over the
    limit. I know they're doing there job and I appreciate them for it but sometimes I wonder.

JackieV
    Pretty sure unless it was FULLY ENCLOSED, you got off because the judge did not know the law, you got lucky
    27803. (a) A driver and any passenger shall wear a safety helmet meeting requirements established pursuant to Section 27802 when riding on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle.
    (b) It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a).
    (c) It is unlawful to ride as a passenger on a motorcycle, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycle if the driver or any passenger is not wearing a safety helmet as required by subdivision (a).
    (d) This section applies to persons who are riding on motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, or motorized bicycles operated on the highways.
    (e) For the purposes of this section, "wear a safety helmet" or "wearing a safety helmet" means having a safety helmet meeting the requirements of Section 27802 on the person's head that is fastened with the helmet straps and that is of a size that fits the wearing person's head securely without excessive lateral or vertical movement.
    (f) This section does not apply to a person operating, or riding as a passenger in, a fully enclosed three-wheeled motor vehicle that is not less than seven feet in length and not less than four feet in width, and has an unladen weight of 900 pounds or more, if the vehicle meets or exceeds all of the requirements of this code, the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, and the rules and regulations adopted by the United States Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    (g) In enacting this section, it is the intent of the Legislature to ensure that all persons are provided with an additional safety benefit while operating or riding a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or motorized bicycle.
    Way to much for me to read. I say you win Kilr!

Squirtin Thunder
    Lots of ticket threads lately. So I thought I would see if you can beat these.
    1.Unsafe lane change on a Schwinn.
    2.Riding a snowmobile without a helmet. (on private property)
    3.Helmet not properly secured to riders head. (street bike) The officer made a U turn in a blind curve, on a dangerous 2 lane highway, to pull me over.
    4. Riding a VW trike without a motorcycle endorsement. (Ca. DMV does not require a motorcycle endorsement for a VW trike.)
    I was guilty on all counts but the Judge threw out # 2,3,and 4.
    So the cop endangers his life over a ticket come on now. I could see if he was a felon but for something like that not worth the time. And we are talking about my buddy Ron Cementhead !!!

HocusPocus
    i had just bought a brand new 1985 toyota pickup and lowered it (it was cool then). i got pulled over on the 10 freeway in the montclair area, the CHP officer proceded to walk around the truck several times check to see what all he could write me up for.
    1. tinted side widows
    2. tinted license plate cover.
    3. too low in the front.
    4. rear u-bolts that extened below the bottom of the rim. (yes they were too long and i should have cut them off).
    easy fix-it ticket at the time just had to have an officer sing it off and send it in.
    then i get back on the road and 15 minutes later i get pulled over again by a different CHP officer.. i told him i just been pulled over and givin a ticket. he took the ticket and walked around the truck a couple times, handed me back the ticket and cut me loose.
    this one pissed me off.
    a couple months later in the covina area. (same truck).
    i was working in los angeles for an armored car company and commuted back and forth to the high desert. i had gotten of work at 9 pm and proceded to drive home stopping off at a convience store off the 10 freeway to get a soda and a bag of chips for the long boring drive up the hill. as i was pulling out of this big parking lot i decided i wanted to put away all my cassette tapes back up in the carrier, since i didnt like them laying all over the seat.
    within a minute of stopping (in a parking space) two patrol cars pulled up and these two officers pulled me out of my truck and searched me and my truck. while doing so 2 other cars came up. i kept asking them what the problem was and they kept telling me to shut my mouth and keep my hands on the hood. i was there for 45 minutes before one of them said, "we had a report of a simular truck being stolen and we wanted to check it out." i guess the fact the truck and insurance was in my name, which matched my id wasn't enough, they had everything pulled out of my truck and left on the ground when they drove off.
    i had never ever been pulled over until i bought that truck and had it lowered.. guess the thought i was a real desperado. :crossx: :crossx:

Sleek-Jet
    I got a reckless driving ticket once for wrapping my car around a tree... :220v:
    it was total bullshit, that tree came out of nowhere... and who plants a tree in the middle of field anyway??? :crossx: :skull:

Kachina26
    I got a reckless driving ticket once for wrapping my car around a tree... :220v:
    it was total bullshit, that tree came out of nowhere... and who plants a tree in the middle of field anyway??? :crossx: :skull:
    My kid got a similar ticket for pulling out in front of someone. Oh yeah, she was doing 50 in a school zone! But, it was his fault. And the cop didn't mention on his report that it was an active school zone. I'm still waiting on the ammended report he promised me back in JUNE!!!!!!!!!

cxr133
    ummm............
    this was many years ago
    BUT i got 2 speeding tickets in the same day.. but we got pulled over 3 times.
    going from glendale to hayward, ca. for a cousins bachelor party.
    1st. pullover for speeding.. but rented car...lots of cash...limited amount of clothes in trunk.... non white minorities... WE FIT THE DESCRIPTION... so we had to wait while the occifer (spelled right) CHECKED the whole car, gave us a lecture on how he was going to find something because we fit the description. THEN had to listen to his speech on just becase he didnt find anything THIS TIME.. we still fit the description!!! SO we goet back on our way
    2nd stop about 2 hours later.. speeding 75 in the 55. I saw this guy in my rearview mirror too.. so i slowed down for about 15-25 minutes so i thought we lost this guy or he lost interst in us.. So i speed back up and within 5 minutes... walaa (LOL) red/blue lights TICKET
    3rd stop getting off freeway in hayward there is a hill right at the offramp and while we are going down it... walaa again.. motorcycle cop this time .... doing 45 in a 35.. ANOTHER TICKET...
    SUX HUH but we made it from glendale to hayward in 4.5 hours!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast