Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lightning Boats

Cole91
    Anyone know about these boats? good, bad, are they just stripped down Ultras? :idea:

ROZ
    There wasn't really much difference. double instead of tripple stitched interior, no stereo, only a few choices in colors and graphics, and a pacific trailer. 454 jet or 350 w/ alpha ...They were laid up the same...

bchbum
    They were made by Ultra until about 2003 , Now they are marketed by Lighting & the hulls are made by Genesis (sp) .

sigepmock
    Our buddy bought there 21 or 23 model. i drove it a few times and didn't get a great feeling about it. Lots of rattles, not the best rigging, I believe they use the old Ultra molds(previous models). He had issues with their customer service too but it was cheaper than our 21 Ultra. I guess you get what you pay for or maybe I'm just spoiled with Ultra great Customer Service
    Also, not sure who made the trailer it sat on but whoever did ran a screw up through one of the bunks and it scratched/gouged the crap out of the bottom of his boat and Lightning wouldn't help fix it.
    Something to point out now is that they have NOTHING to do with Ultra.
    Just my $.02,
    Chris

wedge44
    They were made by Ultra until about 2003 , Now they are marketed by Lighting & the hulls are made by Genesis (sp) .
    Both companies involve the Van Beek brothers....enough said....there are plenty of threads on them clowns :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: ...wedge

bchbum
    I did buy an Ultra Lighting in 2002 21' jet , used it for 3 years & just sold it for $2300 less than I paid for it . We did enjoy the boat , just looking for something for the ocean ( can't get to the lake enough )

Infomaniac
    Mrs. Infomaniac loves her 2001 23XS Lightning. We just rolled over 100 hours on it this past year. No problems with the boat at all.
    Titled it as an Ultra when we bought it. Books the same as any other 2001 23XS Ultra.

Flashover
    If your lookin for a great boat for the money, you need to check out Dana Boats. Check Check CHECK IT OUT..... :crossx: :crossx:

Ultracrazy
    If your lookin for a great boat for the money, you need to check out Dana Boats. Check Check CHECK IT OUT..... :crossx: :crossx:
    I think a "spam" alert would be in order for THAT post :-)

dicudmore
    Both companies involve the Van Beek brothers....enough said....there are plenty of threads on them clowns :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: ...wedge
    what he said

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast