Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intake Help

supersoaker509
    I just found out that when my boat was rigged they put in the wroug intake. I have a rounded kell and they installed a flat delta pad intake. :cry: Now I'm looking for info on a good intake. Any info on intakes, installation, removal would be great.
    http://www.geocities.com/scooter20735/Other/B3.JPG

UBFJ #454
    What boat? What length? What does it weigh?

supersoaker509
    I'm not sure of the weight, it's not a light layup. It is a 21ft JBE splash of a Daytona and has an AT 309 pump.

UBFJ #454
    Looks to me that the intake was installed to low for that shape/depth of keel and that the simplest (and lowest cost) thing he could do would be to take the intake out ... clean it up a bit ... reinstall it at the proper angle & depth (raise it up) ... then do abit of re-shaping of the transition from keel into the hole ... all in all, doesn't look like it would be that hard.
    If the intake you take out doesn't look reuseable, then you might want to get a low profile one and use that.

wow if they missed that bad on the intake I think I would check everything else while I had it apart. I bet the angle is way off also.

Squirtin Thunder
    Looks to me that the intake was installed to low for that shape/depth of keel and that the simplest (and lowest cost) thing he could do would be to take the intake out ... clean it up a bit ... reinstall it at the proper angle & depth (raise it up) ... then do abit of re-shaping of the transition from keel into the hole ... all in all, doesn't look like it would be that hard.
    If the intake you take out doesn't look reuseable, then you might want to get a low profile one and use that.
    You can do this, it is not hard to do, just takes time and patience.
    It is not that hard to fix.
    Give Ted a call, he is close to you !!!
    1-800-Jet-Pump

UBFJ #454
    "I bet the angle is way off also."
    Your quite right ... could very well be way off.

Taylorman
    You can do this, it is not hard to do, just takes time and patience.
    It is not that hard to fix.
    Give Ted a call, he is close to you !!!
    1-800-Jet-Pump
    Chet will be glad to help you.

cyclone
    BINGO. he's the man just ask him.

Somebody really blew it on that install.
    Yeah, he could raise the front of the intake, then fill and blend the uneven areas like Bear said, but raising the intake/jetdrive that much could create a big problem in the driveline angle and your transom adapter is not going to fit like it used to.
    Maybe just get the correct intake and go from there, you can find intakes on ebay all the time for next to nothing.While you have it out,maybe consider some upgrades..shoe,plate,etc.
    There is alot of performance left in your boat, that is slowing you down bigtime.
    Keep us posted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast