Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bowl Modification Questions

Taylorman
    Thats pretty darn efficient for a Jet...
    I would like to know what Hull and HP Boat this is.
    Im 90% sure thats the numbers he told me, its been a while.

As unconsistant as blown fuel jets are I would have to question the validity of the six mile an hour gain with a stock bowl. Now if he had totally screwed his bowl up I guess it is certainly possible that the stock bowl would work better. If on the other hand his ported bowl had been properly done(whatever that is) and the stock bowl still picked up six miles an hour that is definitely interesting. Hmmmmmm?????
    Hipshot ... I would take MJ680's word for it ... he's been racing longer than most of us have had boats ... and Bill Henderson's Rated X boat was a very consistant & competitive BFJ back in the day ...

Hipshot
    10-4 BUSBY. I didn't mean to sound like I was throwing the BS flag on him. I only meant that if they put the stock bowl on and went out and ran 166mph one time with it, it might not have just been the bowl. I don't race boats and I certainly am not trying to argue about a boat I've never seen run. It is interesting though.

10-4 BUSBY. I didn't mean to sound like I was throwing the BS flag on him. I only meant that if they put the stock bowl on and went out and ran 166mph one time with it, it might not have just been the bowl. I don't race boats and I certainly am not trying to argue about a boat I've never seen run. It is interesting though.
    it's all good ... just giving you the down low on who's who ... and who knows what ...

PC Rat
    I remember one time Bill Henderson changed back to a stock Berkeley bowl on his blown fuel Jet "RATED X " and picked up 6 mph to 166+mph.His highley modified bowl had blownup. Ron
    So, did he ever go back to a modified bowl?
    Brian

steelcomp
    Have you condidered on of AMT's 9.5" impeller for as much hp as you have. Also, Ron at AMT turbine told me himself on the phone a while back that his son's boat has a 10" impeller in it. Runs 80 at 5000 rpms.
    My boat ran 93 @ 5500 with an MPD modified Berkeley aluminum B.

Duane HTP
    What is the total running weight of your boat?

steelcomp
    Don't know, for sure. Bahner 19' tunnel, (hull is probably about 500#) , full interior, stainless saddle tanks, carpeting, BB Chev w/ cast iron heads, T/R, and a pair of 800's, Berk 12JG, droop, ride, shoe, etc. Not a ligtweight AFA 19' jets go, but still, it's a small boat. Jack's B absorbs nearly as much HP as an A. The stock B would turn 61-6200.

Spinning a SS American Turbine imp 6200rpm, in an AT bowl with minor mods to the imp as well as the bowl, the motor dyno'd @ 764HP @ 714 ft.lb. @ 6200rpm
    94 MPH in one squirly ass rogers 18 bonneville hull weighing in at 550lbs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345