Thread: What about Legend Jet Drives???

Hipshot
    I haven't heard or read much about Legend stuff here on the boards and was just wondering why that was. Their stuff looks nice but there must be some reason it isn't very popular amoung ***boaters. It also looks like they have an odd number vane(7) bowl like Aggressor does. What's the deal with the Legend pumps and parts? Are they any good? Also, a lot of their parts and pieces say that they fit Legend pumps only, but they sure look the same as Berk, Dom and everybody elses stuff. Just curious.

Aluminum Squirt
    Unknown if what I heard is BS or not: I heard that back in the day, some engineers at Berk wanted to make a couple of changes but nobody wanted to listen to them. They took their idea, split, and started Legend, that's why they are so similar to the Berk. Most pump guys that advertise have no problem working on a Legend. I run a Legend in my aluminum white water boat and have never had any problems. I used to have a hydraulic nozzle PD, but I have since switched to a steel raze nozzle. Works great for me and I frequently come in contact with rocks, sand bars, logs etc. Mine has proved very durable, but there are probably plenty of different pumps out there that would have been just as durable as mine, especially with the steel nozzle. My boat is pretty modest performance wise, speeds in the mid 70's with a ZZ4. I haven't heard of anybody slapping any real HP to a Legend, but I'm sure its been done. Hope this helps-Aluminum Squirt

Hipshot
    Will Berk and Dominator parts interchange with your Legend?

Aluminum Squirt
    No experience with interchanging any parts. I think some Berk parts will, but again, that's just what I hear-Aluminum Squirt

Willis
    This guy uses those parts, MPD is the dealer
    :argue:
    0.459 RT
    7.568 ET
    132.1198 MPH
    1 334 Jerry Hicks
    Willis

I've used their Aluminum impellers before, they seem to be a good piece. It's the Quality of the casting on their SS impellers, that make them the bomb, and much thinner blades on the impeller. There are slight varations, between Legend, Berkeley, and AMT. They all make Berkeley parts too.
    Sleek