Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 440/550 KAW stand up jet skis, where to find/buy parts and info

DUECE'SDAD
    I recently got 4 stand up skis and alotta goodies, some of which im not even sure what the parts are, Do any of you know any good sites to check, or know much about them and can point me in the best direction for modifying one and maybe a photo gallery, something like ***boat for stand up skis ? ? ? I have a couple aftermarket pipes, and have some aftermarket water bottles or tanks (not sure what they do maybe a muffler ???) also maybe a bypass for the muff ? ? ? What is the best mild lakester combo for the stand up skis . . . Please point me in the right direction - DUstin

Speedin' Ian
    a couple years ago I was sitting at the Kings river with some family and friends and we were complaining about all the pwc's, but then we decided if we can't beat them join them, so that week we all went out and bought stand-ups. It was a blast and I learned quite a bit about them... Here's what I learned... if a ski sits for two long without running you're almost definately going to loose the bottom end because the moisture causes the needles bearings to rust, also ebay is a great source for parts. Those tanks you have are most likely the water box, essentially it's the muffler and aftermarket ones tend to make your ski a lot louder.

Jyruiz
    PWCToday.com (http://www.pwctoday.com/) is the equivalent of Hot Boat. And I miss my 99 Superjet.

Robert1050
    If you can swing a wrench, pick-up a service manual for the ski's - it'll guide you through any work you need to do. eBay is a good source for parts, Group K (groupk.com) in Fort Mohave AZ is a good source for parts & hop-up components for the older Kawi's (they're big on restoring/upgrading older ski's). Ronnie's has exploded parts diagrams on line to help you figure out what parts you might need to repair things. Check out pwctoday.com for forums like this one.
    Oh, and don't put any aftermarket waterboxes onto the exhaust - they really only make the ski louder, annoy everyone else on the lake and really don't add any performance.
    Robert

Jyruiz
    If you can swing a wrench, pick-up a service manual for the ski's - it'll guide you through any work you need to do. eBay is a good source for parts, Group K (groupk.com) in Fort Mohave AZ is a good source for parts & hop-up components for the older Kawi's (they're big on restoring/upgrading older ski's). Ronnie's has exploded parts diagrams on line to help you figure out what parts you might need to repair things. Check out pwctoday.com for forums like this one.
    Oh, and don't put any aftermarket waterboxes onto the exhaust - they really only make the ski louder, annoy everyone else on the lake and really don't add any performance.
    Robert
    Another vote for GroupK, they modified my 96XP and some of my other friends skis. Harry (the owner) is a real nice guy and will explain everything to you in very simple terms so you can understand, same goes for his brother Gearhart.

SummitKarl
    I recently got 4 stand up skis and alotta goodies, some of which im not even sure what the parts are, Do any of you know any good sites to check, or know much about them and can point me in the best direction for modifying one and maybe a photo gallery, something like ***boat for stand up skis ? ? ? I have a couple aftermarket pipes, and have some aftermarket water bottles or tanks (not sure what they do maybe a muffler ???) also maybe a bypass for the muff ? ? ? What is the best mild lakester combo for the stand up skis . . . Please point me in the right direction - DUstin
    got any starters? I need at least 2 of them
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...73476js400.jpg

wsuwrhr
    A good friend of mine (Dan Lamey) makes aftermarket cylinders and works on them too. He does alot of stuff for ATV and watercraft.
    His shop is in Riverside.
    Depending on the day you go, you may just see a certain ***boat member there. :boxed: :boxed:
    Racers Edge (http://teamracersedge.com)

godfather
    try rivaracing.com

riverracerx
    In 1980 no one knew what my stand up was??
    I think that time is coming full circle.
    Keep the stock waterbox. Put dual carbs on it. A stainless skat trak impeller, a new ride plate and intake grate. Quick turn kit. bilge pump and be done with it.
    http://www.kawasaki.ca/images/museum_pwc/82-JS550A.jpg

DUECE'SDAD
    Whats up with one of the skis having rear exit exhaust ? ? Is that a plus ? ? The main thing i am trying to figure out is the best combo for 1 so i can get all the goodies and sell the extras . . . Also do you guys know if there is a difference in a 440 and a 550 jet and which one should i use with the 550 engine I will also hit up those boards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast