Thread: Good Glass shop

KustomKlassics
    Im looking for a good fiberglass shop to do some work on my transom. Ive got a 20' Baker/Stoker ModVP w/ an O/B. It has a crack in the transom and since Im going to repower it this winter I want to get it fixed. I know Havasu Barney did great Glass work but not sure if hes back working again. Plus hes in Havasu. Does anyone know of a good Glass shop or person that has experience w/ O/Bs and fixing transoms? Thanks.
    James

give Sal a call at orange county boat repair. He's been around for 30+ years, does good work. Besides being one of the best glass guys, he can match any gel work, blends, fades, flake, 1980s shitty pink and so on.
    The best glass man on the planet is Kenny at BK boat repair in Bellflower. He's been around for about 40 years or so. Always backed-up in work. Takes a while to get a spot for your boat.
    Both can do what your loooking for.
    Sal, 714 827 6247
    Kenny, 562 925 7111

KustomKlassics
    Thanks for the leads and numbers Rigger. Do you know if these guys have much experience with outboard boats and transoms?

they've done it all. You're not the first with a cracked transom and you won't be the last. lol

KustomKlassics
    No kidding. It seams alot of these early/mid '80's Bakers have a crack in the transom... Right side. Nothing major or structural from what I've seen. Has anyone else seen this?

Pro Max
    If your in the Riverside area try Dave AKA Dirty Dave-
    764-4802

Washed Ashore
    No kidding. It seams alot of these early/mid '80's Bakers have a crack in the transom... Right side. Nothing major or structural from what I've seen. Has anyone else seen this?
    Mid 80's boat with a cracked transom,My bet would be dryrot.I know its along drive,but you can bring it up to my shop(Riverbank)Were not Cheap,but you get what you pay for.You can call and I can tell you what to look for.
    Jeff Glow
    Smooth as Glass
    (209)869-3545

KustomKlassics
    Dirty Dave in Riverside. Got it. I'll give him a call. Thanks.