Thread: Another set of accusations falling apart:

SmokinLowriderSS
    OK, a judge has dismissed the charge of Conspiracy To Violate Texas Election Law as unfounded against Sen Tom Delay. Now, if somebody can 'splian to me just how the Money Laundering charge is going to have ANY traction, I'd like to see it.
    Since, the money has been proven to have been LEGAL donations, and by definition, money LAUNDERING is done to disguise the source of ILLEGAL MONEY, maybe somebody can explain to me HOW Tom Delay could launder legal money, WHY he would launder legal money, and, in the end, why, since his campaign finance was run just like the democrats run theirs under the same rules, why it is legal for them and illegal for Delay?

Steve 1
    The democRATS are going to be eating each other over this!Stealing money is a standard rat pratice,
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=42301

Seadog
    It has been a standard Democratic party tactic for decades to bring unfounded charges against the Republican leadership. They know fully well that the charges will rarely stick, but usually it will take the Republican out of the picture for an election or during an important time frame. And they know the stigma will stick with a lot of people forever. Its the old 'no smoke without fire' correlation in the public's mind. Since most lawyers are Democrats, it is a great way for a government attorney to get in the public eye. They can get a lot of publicity and even if they are totally disgraced by bringing the charges, they often can get elected as a crusader.
    That ultimate sleazeball, Ramsey Clark was noted for that tactic. To support his anti-Vietnam beliefs, he brought charges against the most famous protesters. He knew fully well that they had the money and the pull to make the trial an indictment of the war.