Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best Gas Water Heater???

BarryMac
    I know that there are a lot of Contractors on here, specifically Plumbers, I need to replace my Hot Water Heater, what is the best brand Gas Heater???

hoolign
    Tom Bown can heat a tank of water by simply pointing at it and yelling "BOILYA"

Tom Brown
    Must I be trolled up in every thread?

HocusPocus
    don't know if they would be considered the best or not but i just go to home depot and buy them. the last one i had for over 3 years and it started leaking, i made a phone call to the number on the tank then went back to home depot and exchanged it for a new one.

HCS
    I know that there are a lot of Contractors on here, specifically Plumbers, I need to replace my Hot Water Heater, what is the best brand Gas Heater???
    Mine is leaking to. Good question. :boxed:

HCS
    don't know if they would be considered the best or not but i just go to home depot and buy them. the last one i had for over 3 years and it started leaking, i made a phone call to the number on the tank then went back to home depot and exchanged it for a new one.
    I have a 6 year water heater and it started leaking 6 years after I bought it.
    Where's the timer on those things? :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
    Well I don't Know what the "best" is....I install a GE model in about a 7 to 1 raito of the heaters I have installed.
    If your only getting 3 years or so out of a tank you must have some nasty water.... That or your buying a Cheap POS...
    Are you doing your tank maintance?

HCS
    Well I don't Know what the "best" is....I install a GE model in about a 7 to 1 raito of the heaters I have installed.
    If your only getting 3 years or so out of a tank you must have some nasty water.... That or your buying a Cheap POS...
    Are you doing your tank maintance?
    What the heck is tank maintance?

cxr133
    do a search here :
    i think when it it time to replace the ater heater to invest in the tankless. They are supposed to cut energy costs and last a lifetime.
    i havent done it yet. But that is what i am planning to do.

clownpuncher
    If cost isn't an issue, I'd go with a tankless heater. Several companies make them, Bosch, Takagi and a few others. Install is simple and they supply endless hot water which is a good thing if you have a busy household. Also good cost savings because it doesn't have to keep 40 gallons of water hot at all times.
    They come with different gpm outputs. Get the one with the largest output. That way you can run the dishwasher and shower, washer and tub etc at the same time.
    I installed the large Bosch model last year and love it.
    More info here (http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&n...s=&safe=images)
    Good luck
    ROC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast