Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wastegates

TurboNova
    I did search and found mostly negative remarks about SSautochrome.
    Some of the remarks made no sense and some do.
    One was kind of interesting from the starquestclub.com forum from dec 04,
    "I would go with a generic (SSautochrome) wastegate. The quality of the parts and the machining is an exact copy of the authentic wastegate. I know this becuase I tore 2 down right next to each other and measured everything. I would take it appart when you get it though so you can red loctite everything. You can even get replacement diaphrams for less $18 shipped from them if you want where as Tial wants you to send back the whole thing for hundreds."
    Still compiling info...........
    Where did the Tial quote come from? Hundreds? You can get a brand new Tial 44mm for $450 hundreds... I don't think so! I can get all the parts you would want for a Tial gate if needed. The HKS GT2 and the knock off are not the same, Look at the pic the springs are not the same. The HKS gate comes with 4 springs. Even if things measured out correct does that mean the materials are the same? China steel is not the same, sorry. Quality isn't the same, I had their Tial knock off and a real one next to each other and not even close. The picture looked the same though.
    Hey for the price, it's not bad but I wouldn't put one on my engine.

74Challenger
    I used to post allot in any of the "turbo" posts under a different name and got axed because a certain someone didn't like what I had to say. Anyways......
    Stay far away from the SS autocrome stuff...not even worth the explanation.
    The HKS stuff works well but is big $$$$$
    Tial works excellent and the 44mm gates you can find for $345.00-$380.00 all day long. Depending on the style of manifold (backpressure) and amount of boost you plan on running (low psi setting) you can get away with one gate per side, but if you have a really efficent style manifold and need to run lower boost levels (lower than 20psi) you will need to run 2 gates per side.
    www.Full-Race.com

Jrocket
    I used to post allot in any of the "turbo" posts under a different name and got axed because a certain someone didn't like what I had to say. Anyways......
    www.Full-Race.com
    Whats that all about,I thought you just fell off the planet? Did you ever get those water jacketed headers done?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12