Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good manifold/carb combo for stock 460?

stashtrey
    Well... it looks like my carb is the cause of all my problems. Apparently it is leaking and causing fuel to build up in my cylinders.
    Does that sound possible?
    Anyways... I think it's time to freshen up my 30 year old motor. I'd like to replace the cast iron manifold and get a new carb.
    This is a stock motor... nothing performance-wise has ever been done to it. I'd like something on the affordable side as my wife is not crazy about all the money I keep spending on this boat!
    Any suggestions? What size/brand carb?
    I was thinking a Performer manifold and a 600 Edelbrock carb???

Devilman
    460 in my boat has a Performer intake with a dual feed 750 Holley on it. The motor was previously in my 4x4, when it was in the truck it had an Edelbrock 750 on it.....
    Gets the job done ok, on a mostly stock engine....

Big Kahunaa
    Performer rpm and edelbrock 750

460 jus getn it
    Weiand stealth and 850 holley dp..................................

Devilman
    Weiand stealth and 850 holley dp..................................
    You still running that?

Well... it looks like my carb is the cause of all my problems. Apparently it is leaking and causing fuel to build up in my cylinders.
    what make & mdl carb r u running now?
    fastrat

IMPATIENT 1
    I Gotta Good Edel. Bbf Rpm Intake I Would Sell,150 Plus Shipping.hasn't Been Ported,has Blue Alum. Plugs In The Water Ports/vacuum Ports.it Ran Great On Mine,but I Need A Single Plan.

dmontzsta
    I would vote for a edelbrock performer rpm with a nice holley 750. That should be plenty for a stocker, if you were to bump up the compression a bit and add some better heads, then I would go with a nice SCJ port Offy T-Ram, like I have. And two nice 750s.

stashtrey
    "what make & mdl carb r u running now?"
    It's a holley 750 ( I think..). It's not looking very good and it definitely has issues.
    IMPATIENT 1 - I might be interested in that manifold. Would I be able to just slap it on my engine or would I need to do some work to it?
    I can't do a tunnel ram.... I have an engine hatch with very little clearance.

LakesOnly
    You won't see a whole world of difference by just bolting on a new carb & intake, but if you must replace those items, then I recommend a Holley 850 Double Pumper and Victor 460 intake.
    LO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast