Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robby gordon's and toyo's

02HoWaRd26
    I have a set of real RG bead locks 17x8 with a set of toyo mt's 37x13.5x17 they have 65-70% left, everyone says that real bead locks leak I am yet to have any problem. The rings are powder coated black mettalic with big flake I am thinking 22's just cause I am bored but if any one's interested I am thinking like 1100$ just since I know it is almost impossible to get these wheels(real b/l) that is, and if you find them they are 1500$ alone. btw they are 8 lug for chevy or dodge, and I believe like pre 98 ford 8 lug..http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...vy_007-med.jpg

Ivan Dan
    I have a set of real RG bead locks 17x8 with a set of toyo mt's 37x13.5x17 they have 65-70% left, everyone says that real bead locks leak I am yet to have any problem. The rings are powder coated black mettalic with big flake I am thinking 22's just cause I am bored but if any one's interested I am thinking like 1100$ just since I know it is almost impossible to get these wheels(real b/l) that is, and if you find them they are 1500$ alone. btw they are 8 lug for chevy or dodge, and I believe like pre 98 ford 8 lug..http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...vy_007-med.jpg
    I might be interested....let me talk to my bro and see if he would be interested in my wheels. I'll PM you tomorrow and let you know.
    DAN

Squirtin Thunder
    Are those D.O.T. aproved ???
    Most beadlock wheels are not.

full throttle
    Dammit! I want those. Just don't have the time to get to BHC right now.

bigq
    Are those D.O.T. aproved ???
    Most beadlock wheels are not.
    If they are true bead locks I don't see how they can be. Why would you have them on a street truck anyway?

02HoWaRd26
    Hell ya they are DOT approved and they are great for the dunes to pull the trailer out pull the valve stems and drink a beer then they are the perfect pressure to drag the trailer out, with the hundreds of look alike bead locks I dont know a cop that would prove me they are not DOT, and I would stand there and laugh my ass off while he takes the 24 bolts out and then the ring blows off taking the pecker heads hand off... SO no they are not dot but prove it and whoo cares anyways

Ivan Dan
    Hell ya they are DOT approved and they are great for the dunes to pull the trailer out pull the valve stems and drink a beer then they are the perfect pressure to drag the trailer out, with the hundreds of look alike bead locks I dont know a cop that would prove me they are not DOT, and I would stand there and laugh my ass off while he takes the 24 bolts out and then the ring blows off taking the pecker heads hand off... SO no they are not dot but prove it and whoo cares anyways
    I ran real American Racing beadlocks and BFG Baja T/A's on my Toyota pre-runner for several years and never had any problems.
    I agree....who cares if they are DOT approved. I want em....you get my PM in response to yours?

bigq
    If he had to take 24 bolts out he would already have his answer, wouldn't he?

I realize your pain though needing to drop the the pressure, owning a Chevy and all.

Squirtin Thunder
    If he had to take 24 bolts out he would already have his answer, wouldn't he?

I realize your pain though needing to drop the the pressure, owning a Chevy and all.
    If you can't get it done with 4 wheels get 6, if that don't work bolt two more on up front and hang on.

Squirtin Thunder
    There is a reason they get a D.O.T. aproval. The most important reason is when the ring pops off from torsional load going down hill towing and you take out 15 inocent people that are running D.O.T. aproved wheels.
    Yes bread locks are cool but they have a place, and that is not the street.
    I know Ultra make exceptional wheels but they are designed for Off-Road only.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast