Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you define Freedom?

Her454
    Is America's Freedom the beginning of her downfall? I was listening to the radio this morning about all the "politically correct" issues.
    That very freedom is the reason we can no longer have prayer in our schools because it offends some. We can't have Christmas tree's in a few choice public places because it is a symbol of religion and offends some. I am hearing so many of our "freedoms" challenged, yet nothing is being done about it.
    The fact that we have "In God We Trust" on our currency is now in the Supreme Court for change because of ONE man's determination to see it is removed. Yet so many are opposed to it. If ONE man can get this far, and so many are opposed to it, why hasn't someone challenged the change and done something about it? I for one am guilty - as so many in this forum - of doing nothing except bitching about the changes and our loss of "freedom".
    Other than vote, do I really make a difference? I dont think so. Do you?

lucky
    i describe freedom as " boxers " :crossx:

Forkin' Crazy
    Um... I don't know... but I like to think so. I have a habit of emailing my concerns on various issues that arise to my congressman and Senators. Sometimes I even get a response by email and snail mail. If you/we don't tell them how we feel, how will they know? Sometimes it might be just a "feel good letter", but it can't hurt.

lucky
    Um... I don't know... but I like to think so. I have a habit of emailing my concerns on various issues that arise to my congressman and Senators. Sometimes I even get a response by email and snail mail. If you/we don't tell them how we feel, how will they know? Sometimes it might be just a "feel good letter", but it can't hurt.
    I think we should radomly send them to traci !

Ducatista
    Is America's Freedom the beginning of her downfall?
    Yes you can make a difference...
    PAUL REVERE SOCIETY
    MISSION STATEMENT
    The Paul Revere Society
    Borders * Language * Culture
    The Paul Revere Society brings together Americans who actively seek to take back our borders, our language, and our traditional culture from the liberal left corroding our great nation.
    We as Americans inherited a country built on a lust for liberty and compassionate conservative values. At the Paul Revere Society, we understand that our freedom is not only our right, but also our responsibility. We refuse to sit back and watch liberalism trump ethics and morality through blatant ignorance and judicial arrogance. We will not let the earth around us quake as the Founding Fathers roll over in their graves every time the left attacks our schools, our faith, our national security, and, most importantly, our families.
    The liberal left is ashamed of our past, uncertain of our future, and lacks respect for the principles of personal responsibility. The America WE belong to cherishes our nation's rich history and is confident in our potential. We share a love for the values that still resonate throughout the United States: free market capitalism, religious faith, individual liberty, and the idea that all are created equal and endowed by our Creator.
    We believe in the Sovereignty of our Nation; that English is the national "glue" that holds us together, and that the Bible, the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights and what they stand for are our common cultural heritage.
    The Paul Revere Society fosters a unique opportunity for Americans to assert the values inherent in these pillars of freedom. Through grassroots organization and active chapters nationwide, we will be successful in bucking back liberalism by protecting our borders, language and culture. Liberty is infectious, it is our job to spread it and defend it.

Old Texan
    Is America's Freedom the beginning of her downfall? I was listening to the radio this morning about all the "politically correct" issues.
    That very freedom is the reason we can no longer have prayer in our schools because it offends some. We can't have Christmas tree's in a few choice public places because it is a symbol of religion and offends some. I am hearing so many of our "freedoms" challenged, yet nothing is being done about it.
    The fact that we have "In God We Trust" on our currency is now in the Supreme Court for change because of ONE man's determination to see it is removed. Yet so many are opposed to it. If ONE man can get this far, and so many are opposed to it, why hasn't someone challenged the change and done something about it? I for one am guilty - as so many in this forum - of doing nothing except bitching about the changes and our loss of "freedom".
    Am I missing something or are the complainers typically caucasian multigeneration citizens?
    It would seem the new immigrant , non christian types would be the ones offended wouldn't it? For the most part they seem only to happy to join in the celebration
    Atheists and the like strike me as paranoid nitpickers just out to screw with people. "I don't believe in God so don't you dare let my child hear a second opinion" types.
    Merry Christmas too all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her454
    Am I missing something or are the complainers typically caucasian multigeneration citizens?
    It would seem the new immigrant , non christian types would be the ones offended wouldn't it? For the most part they seem only to happy to join in the celebration
    Atheists and the like strike me as paranoid nitpickers just out to screw with people. "I don't believe in God so don't you dare let my child hear a second opinion" types.
    Merry Christmas too all!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dont think it really matters who the complainers are but the fact they are making progress in tearing down our freedoms.
    I guess the point of my thread was that I am a little disappointed in myself for not doing more to preserve the freedoms that I see are slowly disappearing and the desire to do something more about that.

Sleek-Jet
    I think alot of people's (some on here for sure) idea of freedom is anarchy... in my eye's it's not.
    "Freedom" means that you can call the leaders of this country "****ing pole-smoking shit heads" and not expect a goon squad to show up at your house to collect your head...
    "Freedom" means being able to gather with people of a like mind and not have to fear reprisal from the government (see the goon squad above).
    "Freedom" means that you can worship whatever God you chose, and not have to skulk around while doing so. We don't have a US Orthodox Church, and that's where, historically, the argument against "In God We Trust" falls apart. There is no state sponsored religion.
    Now, the PC crowd erks me as much as the next guy, but I believe that the pendulum will start back the other way at some point. More than half of this country's citizens actively practice religion in some shape or form, and I'm sure the vast majority of those that don't still believe in some higher power.
    Of course, now everyone will tell me how totally wrong I am... but I have the freedom to ignore them...

Seadog
    We walk a thin line between government control and anarchy. It has always been so. Study what happened during many times of conflict, outside of the condensed versions in the history texts. A lot of what is going on today was happening then. The only difference is that people have way too much time and money to devote to weird causes like PETA and ELF. Today it is about homosexuality and a hundred + years ago it was about polygamy. Some battles are still happening, but expanded in scope.
    The issue of immigration was always tenacious. Cries to prevent the hordes of poor Irish escaping the great potato blight created our current system of limits. The current issue is not about legal immigration, but about illegal immigration. Those who commit crimes should be punished. The liberals would like to reward them for breaking laws. It cannot be so. If all the poor and uneducated people swarm to this country, it will reduce the ability of our support system to care for those who have been contributing all their lives. It will also reduce our ability control our economy. They should be kept in their own countries where they can use their energy to change their own system.
    The big problem people claim with the illegals is that they will do work for less pay and what jobs our people won't do. Take people off welfare and they will go to where the jobs are. That idiot black activists was saying to congress that we should give the FEMA and Red Cross money to the NO blacks because they know how to get things done. Fine, they can take the jobs that the Mexicans are doing. And since they are not here illegally, they can get minimum wages and all the legal recourses allowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast