Thread: kurtis boats

Sanger80
    Anybody own a kurtis, how do you like it/disklike it. Post pictures of it too :boxed:

BA Kurtis
    I had a 78 kurtis 500 just like the one waterwitch has posted for sale the only diff mine was a t-deck and a 2 seater, I liked the boat alot and it handled well, unfortunatly it was stollen last Aug. so I only got to run it 1 season. I liked it so much I bought another one and am working on restoration now expect to have done spring 07 . There are alot of pics. in here of stollen boat old thread if you can find them, it was a hot item in here for a few months. Good luck.

Sanger80
    ya I've seen picts of that boat. That was a clean piece. I hope one day you get it back and catch the bastards that stole it Keep us posted on your current project, looking forward to seeing the finished results. How did the kurtis handle in rough water? How quickly did it take a set? What kind of speeds did you run with it? What specs did you have to run those numbers with; prop gears engine

BA Kurtis
    Just found pics of boat back on page 29 thread is $1000 reward

BA Kurtis
    ya I've seen picts of that boat. That was a clean piece. I hope one day you get it back and catch the bastards that stole it
    Thanks yup me to I will never stop lookin

BA Kurtis
    ya I've seen picts of that boat. That was a clean piece. I hope one day you get it back and catch the bastards that stole it Keep us posted on your current project, looking forward to seeing the finished results. How did the kurtis handle in rough water? How quickly did it take a set? What kind of speeds did you run with it? What specs did you have to run those numbers with; prop gears engine
    Did not handle rough water well I think that is the norm for a runner bottom, it took a quick set and ran straight, it had a mild blown 502 about 600hp menkins v-drive w/26's witch was to much gear 11.5x15 prop set up the way it was at 6k mid 90mph, this winter I was going to re gear it to 18's.

DetroitJim
    1985 Kurtis 501, built by Kurtis not a splash. Runs dead straight, drives like a Cadillac at 140. Just don't try to turn it around without about 200 yards of open water to work with!!
    DJ
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...LY28_1-med.jpg

EXTREMEBOATS
    I had a good chance to look over Lanny Souths 501. Norm Grimes built it, nice and You could'nt get Lanny to try anything else he likes it so much. Infact Grimes is building him a new one as I post this. Try droping him a line, he will give you the poop on them....
    Mike :argue: