Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Unions Just Suck!!!

mickeyfinn
    Can you imagine working for a company that has filed bankruptcy and has openly told the world that a strike would likely kill cause the company to close and then your union starts to seriously talk about doing just that?...Just amazing. Bet if the guys at the bargaining table would be unemployed if the company goes under they would be singing a different song. And to think the union is supposed to look after its members.:
    News Sponsored by:
    Delta Union Chiefs Ask Members to Authorize Strike
    ATLANTA (AP) The executive committee of the pilots union at Delta Air Lines voted unanimously to ask rank-and-file members to authorize a strike.
    Lee Moak, chairman of the executive committee, said the decision came after a day-long closed-door meeting in New York.
    Union leaders want the right to strike if the struggling carrier succeeds in voiding their contract in bankruptcy court.
    Delta filed for bankruptcy protection in New York on September 14th. The airline wants to reject the contract so it can impose $325 million in concessions on its 6,000 pilots, which would include a 19 percent pay cut.
    The pilots, who are represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, initially offered almost $91 million in average annual concessions over four years. They have since reviewed their proposal and now value it at $150 million, which would include a nine percent pay cut for seven months followed by lower cuts thereafter.
    The cuts would be on top of $1 billion in annual concessions the pilots agreed to last year.
    The airline has said a strike by its pilots would put the company out of business. It believes a strike would violate the Railway Labor Act. The union has argued that if its contract is thrown out by the court, it would be allowed to strike.

GHT
    I agree with the title.... For sure.... I can get, keep, progress, succeed, and negotiate my own deals / jobs. I don't need some Union that is claiming or almost bankrupt to work for me. I'll take my chances with the employer.
    Besides who are you going to trust the employer giving you money or the union TAKING YOUR money?????

GHT
    Although Unions HAVE done a lot for this country by protecting employees (in the past). But there are MANY laws in place that do that now.

Infomaniac
    Since when do unions care if they kill the company or not?
    Some Eastern Airline employees put up signs that said "We Won" after the strike killed the Airline.
    :idea: :idea: :idea:

Ziggy
    Although Unions HAVE done a lot for this country by protecting employees (in the past). But there are MANY laws in place that do that now.
    Couldn't have said it better........their usefullness has run its course. Bet anything the Union bosses have nicer stuff than you, especially when you're out walking the curbs with stick signs feeding wife and kids TopRamin.
    BS

nodigg
    UNIONS are outdated antiquated and counter-productive! Okay, IMO!

ahhell
    UNIONS are outdated antiquated and counter-productive! Okay, IMO!
    I agree with your humble opinion...pay as ability affords
    31 bucks an hour for a novice back hoe operator...gimme a fukking break
    no wonder everything cost so much...supporting a bunch of union bosses

Sleek-Jet
    Whether or not the union strikes, Delta is probably done for. Full service carriers are a thing of the past.

nodigg
    I agree with your humble opinion...pay as ability affords
    31 bucks an hour for a novice back hoe operator...gimme a fukking break
    no wonder everything cost so much...supporting a bunch of union bosses
    I gotta say I was pretty shocked when I rolled in to Havi to set up shop 5 years ago at how cheap you could (THEN) get dirt pushed in this part of the country!

THOR
    I just love it how people who arent in unions bad mouth them. I find it funny and kind of ironic how scab guys, wearing short, no hard hat, t shirts are always the ones getting hurt and/or killed. There are many more injuries on non union job than union job. Product for large commercial stuff is better too.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast