Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: anyone else

MsDrmr
    Being the first Christmas since my husband left, the holidays seem a bit quiet and lonely, anyone else feeling the same way?

riverbound
    You are not the only one. Sucks to not have my kids around

MsDrmr
    I'm sure thats true, this would be the year we had his kids the week up to X-mas day. It made it difficult, but memorable. This year, I got my son a new dog for his birthday/x-mas since they are so close together, he loves that dog.
    We are getting a tree this weekend, it's just not quite the same without someone you love to share the holidays with.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    It is what you make of it. If you sit around feeling sorry for yourself, then yeah, I am sure the holidays suck. Surround yourself with freinds and family and enjoy what you have, not what you are missing. :rollside:

Racer277
    This year, I got my son a new dog for his birthday/x-mas since they are so close together, he loves that dog.
    We are getting a tree this weekend, it's just not quite the same without someone you love to share the holidays with.
    That's the best. Every boy needs a dog. He will always remember this Christmas!

MsDrmr
    It is what you make of it. If you sit around feeling sorry for yourself, then yeah, I am sure the holidays suck. Surround yourself with freinds and family and enjoy what you have, not what you are missing. :rollside:
    Not quite feeling sorry for myself, just a strange feeling that for the first time in 33yrs, I will not be waking up with a huge family for x-mas, it will be my son and myself. Just strange.

76ANTHONY
    Not quite feeling sorry for myself, just a strange feeling that for the first time in 33yrs, I will not be waking up with a huge family for x-mas, it will be my son and myself. Just strange.
    dont forget the dog. make it fun for your son and dont let him see your depression on the holidays, it will haunt him....just my .02

WaTchTheGelCoat
    This will be my first Christmas in 5 years without my ex girlfriend. Kinda sad,but a releif at the same time.

azgfboatgirl
    At least your sharing Christmas with the most important person in your life, your son. And you have a new family member to boot, the dog. Make it the best Christmas ever and take pictures so you can see the smiles when look back at that moment and say "What was I thinking?"

AzLakeLizard
    I remember my "1st" Christmas with just my 3 kids!...I am still amazed at how wonderful it was!... We went out shopping and picked out a silly LITTLE real Christmas tree.. one that was alive... decorated it and when spring rolled around we planted it in our front yard! (it is HUGE now).. bought a Fire Log for our small cone shaped fire place... and had a camp out in our front room... when the kids fell asleep.. I snuck around them putting up their stockings.. they were so tickled when they woke up in the morning.. Yes it was different on my own.. but we all had a wonderful time!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast