Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Set Up Questions

vdrivenman
    thanks for the reply HD,
    definitely needs to go up. i'll try center line of the shaft with bottom of the pod. this current set up was doing way too much moving around for me,worse than any of my old flatbottoms.
    this one does the same thing u describe when letting off the throttle in its present set up,but it is pretty pronounced when it does it.
    i looked at the plate & i can move the motor up w/o having to raise the inner slide plate.
    yes i pm everything before i go out,u had to on a vdrive so i am used to it.
    i've got a lot to learn about wheels(props). i ran a land & sea torque shift on the last lib we had and for us it seem to work fine.the prop on it hooked up quik and accelerated hard. i was too busy driving to check much else out.
    the h2o pressure line is plumbed up to the dash,just have to find the right gauage or get one for it.what is recommneded or best gauage.
    thanks again.

HavasuDreamin'
    Any guage should work, but I would probably buy the same brand as your other guages just to keep things consistent.

Towndrunk
    Did you by Vics boat? Nice looking rig.

taylormanss
    yes he did I went over with him and picked it up last weekend. Very nice looking boat,runs pretty good with that 28 on it too!

vdrivenman
    i've raised the mtor to where the center of the nose cone is 1/2 inch below the pad. installing some new bolts and tightening things up.
    running a h2o line for pressure gauage,smoke testing & checking some wiring. want to have it ready for spring to run a few test & see where i am on the set up.
    was going to install a cd player but we have a xm boom box and it works fine.
    it won't be te fastest,but it will be solid and safe,plus it looks pretty good for the year model.
    got to find a trailer wheel to match the other three.

blender over
    i've raised the mtor to where the center of the nose cone is 1/2 inch below the pad. installing some new bolts and tightening things up.
    running a h2o line for pressure gauage,smoke testing & checking some wiring. want to have it ready for spring to run a few test & see where i am on the set up.
    was going to install a cd player but we have a xm boom box and it works fine.
    it won't be te fastest,but it will be solid and safe,plus it looks pretty good for the year model.
    got to find a trailer wheel to match the other three.
    sweet!!!!!!!! you might be suprized how well it runs...
    Good luck, keep us posted on the results!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12